Your random annoyance of the day

My mind: 'Ahhh I've finally finished tracking with them, now to get into the editing and mixing'.....

couple of hours later... 'Hey man our guitarist wants to come over to track the interludes between each track'

me: We agreed on 5 tracks?

them: Yer but this is the introduction to each track

me: ....fine....

@ Owen: Is your flatmate a nutter or just a cunt?

Definitely the former; tried to clock me with a bass guitar and a phone a few weeks previous because I wouldnt put Motley Crue on at his singular behest and I quote;

"Put motley crue on or I will hit you with this bass guitar"
"Fuck off and get some manners"
"I will hit you with this bass guitar"
"Try me."

Coupled with all the past acts of self harm; read giving himself tattoos drunk then cutting them off again also drunk, punching through glass windows because he was angry and starting fights with neds intent on getting glassed then I think you could say psychopath with a definite hint of cunt.

Sober he was a rational human being. Drunk then he was a complete sociopath. Scarily bi-polar.

I have to say waking up at 3am half naked with some completely unhuman guy loitering over you with a hammer and totally dead eyes is some pretty scary shit.

My mind: 'Ahhh I've finally finished tracking with them, now to get into the editing and mixing'.....

couple of hours later... 'Hey man our guitarist wants to come over to track the interludes between each track'

me: We agreed on 5 tracks?

them: Yer but this is the introduction to each track

me: ....fine....

Lmao, I love this. "We've got 6 songs to track and an intro". Cool, I think, assuming the songs are like 4 mins and the intro is 30 secs. Songs are all 4 mins and the 'intro' is a normal 3.5 min song, that happens to be the first song. Uh... no?

That's horrible, been through that. If it's any consolation, my dad died last week

Damn. Sorry to hear that mate, my condolences as well... And yeah, it's exactly like losing family. I couldn't imagine the house being as quiet as it is now, but we all die one day, don't we?

Left my partner after close to 3 years, and I also have work friday night and no where close to stay. I can't drive and public transport ends before I'll finish.
FML I'll miss catching a quick cab to and from work from hers.

biggest thing now will be trying to keep my career in live audio afloat when I live so far away from the venues I work for.

Sucks to hear dude.

My Uncle passed away very recently weeks ago due to alcohol abuse and cancer due to alcohol abuse; and since I work full-time and study part time, I had to miss 2 classes... Missed the 2 classes I really needed for the exam this week.

Pretty sure I failed.

I found how much the cost was for a Mac Pro today, and consequently pulled the trigger, and now I'm broke, spending what was two months savings :cry:

Talk about a double edged sword:

MAC%20PRO%20SPECS.JPG

This thing better rock :lol:

Dude, you should have gone refurbished. You can get hard drives for half that price, and they frequently have refurbs with that spec for about $500 cheaper than regular price. We got an 8-core 2.4 G Nehalem for $2600. Throw in 8 gig memory ($150 at owc) and a 1TB drive ($60 at owc) and you can get a beastly setup for under 3 grand. Refurbs are basically brand new and have a warranty as well. However, this information may have been more useful to you yesterday.

Enjoy that computer though, you'll love it.

Sucks to hear dude.

My Uncle passed away very recently weeks ago due to alcohol abuse and cancer due to alcohol abuse; and since I work full-time and study part time, I had to miss 2 classes... Missed the 2 classes I really needed for the exam this week.

Pretty sure I failed.

Thanks and in regards to your situation

sucks to hear on all accounts dude. Hope the study sorts out though and things look up

also is this shayne or damien? excuse my ignorance but I've been meaning to ask ahaha! you guys still jamming at VIA?

Dude, you should have gone refurbished. You can get hard drives for half that price, and they frequently have refurbs with that spec for about $500 cheaper than regular price. We got an 8-core 2.4 G Nehalem for $2600. Throw in 8 gig memory ($150 at owc) and a 1TB drive ($60 at owc) and you can get a beastly setup for under 3 grand. Refurbs are basically brand new and have a warranty as well. However, this information may have been more useful to you yesterday.

Enjoy that computer though, you'll love it.

I have a friend who works at the Apple Store and he got that computer for me for under three grand. I didn't want to hassle with anything, I wanted the latest model, and I wanted a full warranty.

I really don't think an 8-core is going to benefit me right now, and AFAIK, can cause some instability issues since a lot of software is incapable of utilizing all of the cores to some degree. I don't mind being wrong, but I don't know anyone in the audio world who is really stressing an 8-core processor, and the fact that the one I picked is 3.2 ghz is pretty monsterous :lol: