Your random annoyance of the day

The guitar tech at Billy Hydes can't install an input jack on my guitar correctly, I take it back to them, it crackles as the guy checking it moves the lead a little once it's plugged in and proceeds to tell me it the slight volume drop in pickup when he changes from bridge to neck that is what I should be worried about. I check the fender deville he has it plugged into which has the eq set heaps of bass rolled off highs (that's why it is louder with the neck pick up you dumbass), then another employee tells me its the battery, and another tells me I have a bad attitude and then the official guitar tech promises to take a look at it, tells me I have crackling pots and gives me back a guitar with tone and volume pots that are all wonky and don't screw on properly, and the input jack is now worse! It doesn't even work at home unless I use one of my two high end leads, (this fender deluxe leads grip the input jack really well so does another lead I spent about $70 dollars on) and I have to be pushing on leads to get full gain out of my Jackson Dinky.

Never going to Billy Hydes Blackburn again

Went fishing in the local creek today. I totally got finned by a baby bluegill catfish. They say rubbing the wound on the belly of the fish helps with the pain. Whoever said that can get fucked.

And then finned 100 times.

trying to paint a guitar for myself the 1st time, and shit isn't going too well

apparently spraypaint likes to crack a lot as it dries...but i'm not spending the $$ to have a free guitar airbrushed professionally!

It's honestly no wonder so many people are overweight when the media spreads ridiculous misinformation like "an hour of walking every day is better than HIIT training 3-4 times a week"

That depends on the person. When I was 25 kilos overweight, I lost the same amount of weight by walking for 1 hour (12 km, 7.5 miles) three times a week for 2 months, than by doing 4 times a week of HIIT (90-95 % of max HR with steadily increasing reps, starting from 3 reps and finishing at 15 reps) with a stationary bicycle for 4 months. And the walking was by far more comfortable (and safer for overweight persons).

Beginning of HIIT: 102,7 kg and 114,7 cm waist
At the end of 4 month HIIT: 96,2 kg and 107,5 cm waist
Result: 6,5 kg lost and 7,2 cm narrower waist in 4 months

Beginning of walking: 92,2 kg and 103,7 cm waist
At the end of 2 months walking: 86,1 kg and 95,4 cm waist
Result: 6,1 kg lost and 8,3 cm narrower waist in 2 months (and there was less fat available to burn, being 10 kg lighter)

"don't eat avocados more than once a week, they have too much fat"

Should say: "don't eat too many carbohydrates combined with fat, they are absorbed by your body as fat-for-a-rainy-day that does not burn away easily"

It's all a big conspiracy by the diabetes unions, drug manufacturers and the healthcare agencies. If people would eat correctly, grain farming would die out completely, and insulin would no longer be needed (a multi-million business would die -> healthcare agencies would lose a big source of income from "donations").

In the bar yesterday, I had problems paying because I couldn't hear what the bartender was saying, and he got pretty angry at me. But he was speaking english and I kept hearing "15,50" as "15,15" and couldn't understand the problem with giving him 15€ and a 20 cent coin :lol: "PAY UP THE WHOLE AMOUNT!!"

Thankfully, that place had other bartenders who I could buy my drinks from for the rest of the evening.

That depends on the person. When I was 25 kilos overweight, I lost the same amount of weight by walking for 1 hour (12 km, 7.5 miles) three times a week for 2 months, than by doing 4 times a week of HIIT (90-95 % of max HR with steadily increasing reps, starting from 3 reps and finishing at 15 reps) with a stationary bicycle for 4 months. And the walking was by far more comfortable (and safer for overweight persons).

Beginning of HIIT: 102,7 kg and 114,7 cm waist
At the end of 4 month HIIT: 96,2 kg and 107,5 cm waist
Result: 6,5 kg lost and 7,2 cm narrower waist in 4 months

Beginning of walking: 92,2 kg and 103,7 cm waist
At the end of 2 months walking: 86,1 kg and 95,4 cm waist
Result: 6,1 kg lost and 8,3 cm narrower waist in 2 months (and there was less fat available to burn, being 10 kg lighter)

Should say: "don't eat too many carbohydrates combined with fat, they are absorbed by your body as fat-for-a-rainy-day that does not burn away easily"

It's all a big conspiracy by the diabetes unions, drug manufacturers and the healthcare agencies. If people would eat correctly, grain farming would die out completely, and insulin would no longer be needed (a multi-million business would die -> healthcare agencies would lose a big source of income from "donations").

HITT may be a different game when you're overweight, I dunno.

As far as the other stuff goes, I'm not saying you're wrong or right.. but I don't believe anything diet-related anymore with scientific articles backing it up. And the fact is, even if its true, it doesn't matter. That shit just overcomplicates it.

Separate being thin and being healthy, although being heavily overweight/obese is never healthy.
If you want to lose weight, eat less calories than you burn. You don't even NEED to do exercise, it can make you hungrier and you end up eating more than you burnt off.
Eating healthy is a whole new ballgame, but generally, stay with real food, no processed shit, eat about 40/40/20 protein/carbs/fat and make sure you get your vegies and that's 90% of it.

My lack of control daily not stopping myself from coming to this board just to get waste time reading threads of people arguing about the most trivial and stupid things. :lol: I need more control!

why can't I have a PC that works and a Mac that works FASTER? Bouncing a couple of songs is taking forever

Christians, always the Christians.

My question: "Would you kill a newborn with an axe if you believed "God" asked it of you?"

Christians answer: "I hope that my faith would be strong enough to do what the Lord commands me to do."