Your very *favourite* rhythm guitar sound?

soilwork - stabbing the drama
Arch enemy - doomsday machine
machine head - the blackening
devildriver -the last king words
Behemoth - Demigod

Exodus - TOTD (Pure thrash tone!)
KSE - AOJB
Testament - The Gathering

Honourable mentions to Clayman and Machine Head stuff over the years. I think STD is a weird tone, but sounds fucking awesome whether or not it sounds like the norm. I really like the unique top end on it (even if I'm not going to be trying to achieve it any time soon!).

Every time I get ready to go into the studio I comb through my cd collection for guitar tones to bring with me to use as reference tones. I'm going in this week and these are my current favorites:

Nevermore: Enemies Of Reality. Listen to 'I, Voyager' at 3:13. Amazing tone.
Hate Eternal: I, Monarch. Powerball+JCM 800.
Gojira: The Way Of All Flesh. Still too early to tell but so far one of my favorite tones ever recorded.
Behemoth: Demigod. Nice mid range tone that fits perfectly in the mix. Probably not the greatest tones if isolated but sits in the mix perfectly.
Machine Head: The More Things Change. Bubba The 5150!!!

Special mention to Goddamn Guitar's Savage 120 clip that was posted a few months ago on this site, which is right up there with the above tones for me: http://www.feared.se/crap/test-10sept.mp3 :headbang:

Haha, thanks bro! I won't even try to deny the fact that I'm trying to blatantly rip off the tone :lol:

Jesus Jhakwe, I hate you so much because you can close to that tone even with Wagner MK II ...Fucking incredible!

mine are:

Arch enemy - Anthems of Rebelion
Chimaira - Resurrection
Sinergy - Suicide By My Side (Lots Of Mids XD)
Testament - The Gathering

Job For a Cowboy - Genesis
Between The Buried and Me - Alaska
Parkway Drive - Horizons ( i may get flamed for this but id probably kill for that tone)

Black album and End of heartache tones are amazing, i love them!

but my main ones are

The Black Dahlia Murder - Nocturnal
Machine Head - All of them apart from the plastic era albums.

and a toss between

All Shall perish - The Price of Existence

and

Behemoth - Demigod

also.. i found this guy on youtube who's tone sounds pretty much sounds like the black album tone:

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pOz7yj7ZTOY[/ame]

he said hes using "Mesa boogie single rec miced up with a sm 57"..

^^ That's pretty cool.

For my three, I have to say...

Nevermore - TGE: When I first heard it, there was something about it I didn't like, I couldn't put my finger on what it was. But after listening to the album a whole lot and working on my own tone, I've realized that that tone is pretty much exactly what I'm going for with my own stuff. So yeah, great tone!

In Flames - Soundtrack TYE: Wholy hell what a meaty tone. Some riffs just sound like hitting a bull carcass with a porkchop. When it came out I was a bit uneasy about the unorthodox sound of the album, but now I'm in love. Even had the pleasure of meeting Mr.Bergstrand once and discussing the tone with him. Awesome stuff.

Gojira - From Mars To Sirius: Or any Gojira really. I've just gotten into them a few weeks ago, and I'm really into their sound. I know alot of people around here are, so I guess I don't have to explain it that much! Just the perfect death metal tone in my ears, dry as a cadaver in the desert and thick as a creationist skull! :lol:

My favorites have changed alot over the years, and is bound to change even more but these are just whats been going on the latest year or so. But I'm sure there will be more of these threads!

Metallica - Ride The Lightning
Exodus - Bonded
SOD - Speak English

All Marshalls with tubescreamer (SOD=TC Electronic Linedriver/Booster), I'm wondering now why I have a Diezel.:loco:

Bloodbath - Nightmares made flesh. :headbang: It's like an up to date Entombed grind!
Machine Head - Burn My Eyes. The tone/riffage mix still makes me drool today...
Decapitated - The Negation. Hoo fekn' raa!

But then what do I know, I own a Mode 4 :)

In Flames - Soundtrack TYE: Wholy hell what a meaty tone. Some riffs just sound like hitting a bull carcass with a porkchop. When it came out I was a bit uneasy about the unorthodox sound of the album, but now I'm in love. Even had the pleasure of meeting Mr.Bergstrand once and discussing the tone with him. Awesome stuff.

I like it too. A lot of people hate that sound though. Any wisdom you want to pass on from Bergstrand? :)