YT: Match EQ and IR Tutorial!

Rational Gaze! :kickass:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/799706/Abdjented/reg3n_RationalGaze.mp3
*updated*

Guitar chain is: DI > POD > impulse and nothing else, and nothing on the master bus but a clipper shaving 1 db or something!

AwYea.jpg

Clark maybe you can answer this. I've tried different amp simulators such as TSE x50, nick crow 6505, and others but i keep coming back to TH2 for matching. For whatever reason when i try free amp sims when i have no cab it sounds so grainy and scratchy and i know that is normal but when i have the cab bypassed in TH2 it sounds bad but not as bad as the free amp sims. Have you had any luck with free amp sims when it comes to matching? Is there a reason why you chose TH2?

Clark maybe you can answer this. I've tried different amp simulators such as TSE x50, nick crow 6505, and others but i keep coming back to TH2 for matching. For whatever reason when i try free amp sims when i have no cab it sounds so grainy and scratchy and i know that is normal but when i have the cab bypassed in TH2 it sounds bad but not as bad as the free amp sims. Have you had any luck with free amp sims when it comes to matching? Is there a reason why you chose TH2?

Make sure your gain stages are correct, some ampsims are louder than others. Works like a charm with TSE and Lecto, just checked :D

I use TH2 just because I can save patches with different IRs in them. (and ofcourse it's a very very very good modeler) This is the best way to have a plug'n'play type of setting with match IRs. :) Like reg3n said, the Poulin Lecto is a good free modeler. I recommend using that one if you don't have the money.

tried this with my blackstar ht5 and a custom ir i made and i must say its fucking great. I am getting better results than using any other ir i have got.

Strike-problems solved, now I am going to download loads of the sounds from Olas Amp Playthroughs
and build me a nice matched IR library :D
Thanks alot, really awesome, it's going to help me alot, especially due to the fact that my monitoring
atm is everything but optimal and after 10 hours of work and 3 hours of guitar playing, I am not sure
if the guitar sound I dialed in is good or bad.

Strike-problems solved, now I am going to download loads of the sounds from Olas Amp Playthroughs
and build me a nice matched IR library :D
Thanks alot, really awesome, it's going to help me alot, especially due to the fact that my monitoring
atm is everything but optimal and after 10 hours of work and 3 hours of guitar playing, I am not sure
if the guitar sound I dialed in is good or bad.

Yea I'm trying to match his Dar sample,if you get it pass it on please. Was trying it with legion and could not get it sounding right.

Mmmhmm, I think I may be doing something wrong here.
My tones don't really come that close to the originals, something's just way off. Here's a small example, me first and then the original track.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16723453/matching_test.mp3
Any ideas? I followed the tutorial step by step, tried it a couple of times and still can't seem to find what I did wrong :/

Mmmhmm, I think I may be doing something wrong here.
My tones don't really come that close to the originals, something's just way off. Here's a small example, me first and then the original track.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16723453/matching_test.mp3
Any ideas? I followed the tutorial step by step, tried it a couple of times and still can't seem to find what I did wrong :/

Well that's a short clip so I can't really say much. To me it doesn't sound far off. Maybe you've got a tad more gain than the original? I dunno.