2007 - the best albums

new kent sounds like something Mauro Scocco would throw away in the 80´s..
there´s not a single touch of melancholic rock left.. only synt crap..

I cannot disagree more!
Finally J. Berg has evolved his song technique, and lower the keys to a more vocal able key for him! The tunes have a very melancholic touch and the performance is just great The only thing I’m not that exited about (as always in the Kent-matter) is the drumming and the sound of them, a bit too machine like.
Kent has made the album of the year imo.

Hmmnn...I thought this thread was to post YOUR favorite albums of the year, It seems all anyone wants to do is whine now about bands they don't like on someone else's list. Calm down everyobody, geez. Everyone has a right to like what they like.

Hmmnn...I thought this thread was to post YOUR favorite albums of the year, It seems all anyone wants to do is whine now about bands they don't like on someone else's list. Calm down everyobody, geez. Everyone has a right to like what they like.

It's called conversing, which is the point of a forum.

It's called conversing, which is the point of a forum.

I am aware of that . I did not go through everyone else's list and slam the bands that I think suck (thought that would be a little rude), so I did not need see the need for people to flip out about ONE band on my list, damn. I don't think I am acting any differently than you did when everyone was slamming HIM.

I like everyone overreact over stupid shit sometimes as I did in that thread. No biggy.

There is a difference between music, and noise posing to be music just to sell records. You know there is a problem when peple have to post brOOtal in the description of a band.

I like everyone overreact over stupid shit sometimes as I did in that thread. No biggy.

There is a difference between music, and noise posing to be music just to sell records. You know there is a problem when peple have to post brOOtal in the description of a band.

I post the word 'brutal' a lot to describe elements of certain bands I like (Bloodbath, Nile, Behemoth, Anaal Nathrakh amongst others) because the music IS brutal, amongst other things. I hardly think a band is going to fake liking death metal to sell records. That is the music genre to make money in? I really, really don't think so. I admit I could be wrong here, but man they are incredibly stupid if this is the genre they chose to "fake" being into because we all know that death metal is not where you make money. Whatever genre people claim they are really into certainly would be more profitable than death metal. I understand that a lot of people hate them and just don't like the music, and that's fine. I'm not digging so deeply into this as others: it is a stupid band name for sure, I hated the first album , I have never seen them live, I don't know the names of the people in the band or anything about their apparent trendy nature or reputation. I just heard the album and thought several of the songs were good, no more, no less. I guess if they really are faking it for money, I have been fooled! :erk:

I'm gonna go smoke a joint and listen to Sounds Of Decay now :headbang:, and then mellow it out with the new Ulver (great i you haven't heard it, very somber and beautiful if you like that style).

Actually metal is the "it" thing for the kids these days, and by far the easiest way to make your band known especially for kids their age. It's would be much harder to make a break through in the pop culture since it's already so convoluted. Plus it takes no creativity so its fairly easy if you have the look, and your parents are rich. I'm not saying they're gonna sell platinum or even gold records, but they sell enough to be able to bang all the scenester sluts they want.

Actually metal is the "it" thing for the kids these days, and by far the easiest way to make your band known especially for kids their age. It's would be much harder to make a break through in the pop culture since it's already so convoluted. Plus it takes no creativity so its fairly easy if you have the look, and your parents are rich. I'm not saying they're gonna sell platinum or even gold records, but they sell enough to be able to bang all the scenester sluts they want.

Dude, I had no idea....I'm getting old! :ill:

I thought the big trendy thing was the Killswitch Engage metal/Emo kinda crap, thats what it seems like in San Diego at least.

Thats how it started, but now it's pretty much just metal in general. Especially any kinda of death metal or tech crap.

Well the more glam, melodeath or metalcore you do it, and the more make up, the more stupid scene chicks to band. Usually its actually the death metal who doesnt get any.. since they actually want to play decent music

Wait...he thinks I'm not telling the truth? I went to school with those posers...well I was like a Senior when they were Freshmen...No one was big on metal then...maybe a few others...then I get to college and now everyone is a metalhead. It's a endless discussion which never leads anywhere good anyways.

BRB GONNA THRASH...

Job For A Cowboy...when they were such sweethearts in their little emo/trendy outfits...I remember one of them was wearing a colourful sweatshirt with a Suffocation shirt over it...and ripped designer jeans from some expensive store...fag.

Job For A Cowboy...when they were such sweethearts in their little emo/trendy outfits...I remember one of them was wearing a colourful sweatshirt with a Suffocation shirt over it...and ripped designer jeans from some expensive store...fag.

What!?!? I've never seen a picture of the band, but that is sad. So now its not only that killswitch and emo crap, they are invading death metal too? God, I can't believe someone could play music, which is the most important thing in the world to me, just for chicks or money. I mean I know its prevalent everywhere in most genres but death metal too? Where the fuck is your soul if you do that? There is no honor in that at all. Consider me educated on the matter.

Need to add 3 albums recently purchased to my list:

Forgotten Tomb - Negative Megalomania

Longing For Dawn - A Treacherous Ascension (Excellent funeral doom if you have not heard them, highly recommended)

Behemoth - The Apostasy