So far, the possible albums of the year for me are

Virgin Black
Moonspell
Warrel Dane
Ihsahn
Murder By Death
Ashes Divide

It's turning out to be a decent year.

So far these new releases have been kicking my arse: Dead Congregation, Devastator, Exterminate, Ignivomous, Morbosidad, Necrovation, Proclamation.

Looking forward to: Profanatica, Havohej, Iced Earth, Toxic Holocaust, Acheron, Amebix dvd, Atomizer, Esoteric, Helcaraxe, Martire, October Falls, Unleashed, Venom, Witch, Resurrection and Revenge.

Plus I need to hear the new Thrice and listen to the new NIN (both releases) some more...and Ashes Divide...that takes care of non metal stuff :)

And I'm sure there are a quite a lot more.

Ihsahn,Bloodbath,Opeth, Mourning Beloveth, In Mourning, Isole, Moonsorrow, Moonspell, Agalloch. Some GREAT albums this year. Fantastic stuff.

Really looking forward to new Gojira and Keep of Kalessin.

I am really suprised at how GOOD the new Moonspell is. I used to hate this band up until now. When they headlined over Katatonia I left after 3 songs. Unfortunately they are quite boring live.

Yeah, I didn't like Memorial all that much and haven't heard Under Satanae or whatever it's called. Night Eternal is a VERY solid album to say the least.

Am I the only one who can't stand the distorted guitars in Poisonblack? I like the vocs but I hate those semi-metal downtuned guitars. Reminds of Gothenmallcore too much

Thats only on the last lust stained despair or whatever.

I honestly got sick of Poisonblack...re listened to the debut again and I don't know what I really saw in it. Second one also does nothing for me...was fun the first few listens....then blah. Third time, a charm?