2008 Albums

What happened to his aggression? I can't stand the vocals on that new Poisonblack song...just weak.

Holy crap are you right.. I listened to the song again, and man were the vocals lackluster, and really weak sounding. I mean besides the lack of his old grit there is just no power behind his voice on this song.

You dudes are hilarious...
C'mon: Morbosidad, Ignivomous, Hornets of The Pogrom, Necrovation - this is like Spinal Tap revisited over here...

First thing - if a band can't even come up with a cool name, then I don't want to listen!
Second, I listened to a lot of these in myspace, and - I axe ya - what makes even ONE of these wanna-be Opeth's worth my time, or dare I say yours?

I like more genres than this one - of course I love Opeth and Katatonia, but I don't need to go chasing down 20 other bands that sound just like them.

This reminds me of the 80's - just when you had some cool new sounds, along comes Skid Row, Poison and the rest to fuck it all up...

Anyways, try these out for size (not all new this year but in the last 12 months):
- Untrue by Burial
- Death Is This Communion by High On Fire
- Saturdays = Youth by M83
- The Coast Explodes by Mammatus
- Precambrian by The Ocean
- To The Nameless Dead by Primordial
- Grindstone by Shining
- Frames by Oceansize

I'm trying to save your souls from the burning flames of mediocrity ... ha ha

You dudes are hilarious...
C'mon: Morbosidad, Ignivomous, Hornets of The Pogrom, Necrovation - this is like Spinal Tap revisited over here...

First thing - if a band can't even come up with a cool name, then I don't want to listen!
Second, I listened to a lot of these in myspace, and - I axe ya - what makes even ONE of these wanna-be Opeth's worth my time, or dare I say yours?

I like more genres than this one - of course I love Opeth and Katatonia, but I don't need to go chasing down 20 other bands that sound just like them.

This reminds me of the 80's - just when you had some cool new sounds, along comes Skid Row, Poison and the rest to fuck it all up...

Anyways, try these out for size (not all new this year but in the last 12 months):
- Untrue by Burial
- Death Is This Communion by High On Fire
- Saturdays = Youth by M83
- The Coast Explodes by Mammatus
- Precambrian by The Ocean
- To The Nameless Dead by Primordial
- Grindstone by Shining
- Frames by Oceansize

I'm trying to save your souls from the burning flames of mediocrity ... ha ha

You are HELLA cool.

Bro, bro! Image this, we call ourselves Burial cuz wouldn't that be totally brootal!? The Ocean..THE OCEAN!?! Where do they think of this stuff? SO unique! I personally take my Ocean Oceansized! And you can just imagine the size of their burgers!

Pretty please save us by telling us some more less than mediocre bands we already heard of.

hehe, pwn :Smokin:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=97475

So it looks like "Horizons" is the new title for the new Anathema release. The semi acoustic is called "hindsight." Pretty cool name tie in.
So this is the third title then, first "Everything", then "Parardigm Shift" and now "Horizons".

The article says the masters have been sent to 'the record company', I wonder which record company! Anyway, good to see things are finally moving for them.