2008 Albums

Natural Born Chaos here.

@ D3v4S7A710N, what Textures album(s) did you hear? I'm asking because I wasn't really a Textures fan before their new album, but Silhouettes really convinced me, by far their best release.

So I listened to two songs of the last album of this mighty Textures.I have to say that though some parts are very impressive,I really didn't like the distorted vocals.It's not my type of vocals.But again I have to say that there are some quality clean vocals,way better than the Soilwork guy.Music is good.I think I'm gonna give it a chance.

Normally I'm not of this screamy Metalcore type of vocals either, but in this case they are so well-performed and intense that they get under my skin. Try the songs Awake and One Eye for a Thousand (heaviness supreme).

Natural Born Chaos here.

@ D3v4S7A710N, what Textures album(s) did you hear? I'm asking because I wasn't really a Textures fan before their new album, but Silhouettes really convinced me, by far their best release.

I have only heard the new one. I can't get passed the first couple songs without becoming uninterested.

So far, my favorite albums of the year are as follows:

Ashes Divide- Keep Telling Myself It's Alright
The Daysleepers- Drowned In A Sea Of Sound
M83- Saturdays = Youth

What are your thoughts on the new Keep of Kalessin? I loved Armada, but the new album sounds weak to me, at least after the first listens... Anyone else here who has heard it?

Yes I have, I like it, it's a bit more diverse than Armada and the melodies sound less 'sweet', sicker if you will, more Black Metal. Overall this album can hold my attention longer than Armada. On Armada the first 2 songs are amazing, but after that it becomes less interesting i.m.o.