2008 Albums

Supposedly there's going to be a new Orgy cd this year. Vapor Transmission is one of the best cds of all time, which also happens to be their only good album, but who knows they could make another good one.

Just got Ihsahn's new album, 'angL', yesterday, and I've been listening to it non-stop. What a great album. I've read some posts around here saying that this one's not up to par with 'The Adversary', that it's less adventurous or whatever... I've got to say I disagree. It does have a different tone, though. I think it's a bit stranger overall, and more melancholy. Also, Ihsahn doesn't do his King Diamond falsettos much, if at all, here - to the album's credit, I think. His lower key vocals sound fantastic on here. And then there's the amazing 'Unhealer', where Mikael kicks major ass. Honestly, I hope Opeth's new one is as good as this. I guess I'll see next Tuesday, eh?

\m/ IHSAHN! \m/

Ihsahn will surely be in my top 10 for the year. I keep forgetting I have the album, but it has some great tracks.

Ihsahn, Opeth and, above all, Anathema, are the only new albums i am looking forward to so far..
The older i get the less good music i find it seems.

However, they are soon going to re release unanimateds two albums, so one can finaly get them, and those are probably going to be my most played this year.

Ihsahn, Opeth and, above all, Anathema, are the only new albums i am looking forward to so far..
The older i get the less good music i find it seems.
Same here, but so far this has been a pretty good year I must say.
However, they are soon going to re release unanimateds two albums, so one can finaly get them, and those are probably going to be my most played this year.
The originals are not that hard to get, don't you have them? Anyway, I'll buy the re-issues cause they apparently feature some cool bonusses, demos etc.

The new Moonsorrow - Tulimyrsky E.P is really good.
And with 68 minutes this ep has an awesome running time :D
Interesting "For whom the bell tolls" cover!

I'd like to hear new Ihsahn stuff also. I liked his debut after a few spins. Some really great parts in it.

Thanks for reminding me, I really like Moonsorrow.

Communic from Norway have released another fantastic album! Definitely another highlight of the year :)

Still waiting for Watershed...

Okay...

So, here's how it is shaping up half way through the year...

1. Virgin Black
2. Moonspell
3. Ihsahn
4. Murder By Death
5. Ashes Divide
6. Sculptured
7. Dark Suns
8. Mercenary
9. Meshuggah
10. Draconian

As of now, I have a feeling that these will be my top 5 of the first half of the year:

Ashes Divide- Keep Telling Myself It's Alright
The Daysleepers- Drowned In A Sea Of Sound
Klimt 1918- Just In Case We'll Never Meet Again (Soundtrack For The Cassette Generation)
M83- Saturdays = Youth
Scar Symmetry- Holographic Universe

Now, I still haven't heard the new Klimt 1918 and Scar Symmetry albums in their entirety. But if what I've heard is any indication, they will definately be in the top 5 of this half of the year. I'm also anticipating the new Sigur Ros album, but I haven't heard enough to compare it to the other 5. Honestly though, I really have no idea how the rest of the year will shape out. These albums are excellent, but it's going to be really difficult to come up with my top 10 at the end of the year with so many good albums on the way.

I'm currently looking forward to albums by the following bands: The American Dollar, Anathema, Deftones, En Declin, Entwine, The Eternal, Evergrey, Into Eternity, Mew, Orphaned Land, Rapture, SaraLee, While Heaven Wept, and The Wounded.

Opeth - Watershed
Coldworld - Melancholie²
Daylight Dies - Lost To The Living
Woods of Infinity - Frozen Nostalgia
Nyktalgia - Peisithanatos
Hypothermia - Gråtoner
Nortt - Galgenfrist

According to my RYM list:

1) Meshuggah - obZen
2) Dismember - S/T
3) Testament - The Formation of Damnation
4) Necrovation - Breed Deadness Blood