2008 Albums

Illnath: I agree about the new Mercenary. I love the band, but I could hardly find any redeeming qualities in Architect Of Lies. I hate to say this, since I had such high hopes for the new album.

Stefan86: If you don't mind me asking, what is it about Mercenary that you don't like?

why don't you try in something non metal?i suggest you to buy new Portishead album-3rd..simply the most depressive album i ever heard.gloomy an sorrowfull believe me...:worship:

Man, that Portishead was such a let-down for me. With nearly all of the time in the world to come up with a creative follow-up to their self-titled album, I was fully expecting to be blown away. I thought that 3rd sounded completely rushed and uninspired. Let's face it, there's nothing that comes close to touching "Humming," "All Mine," or "Glorybox" on this record...

Hmm... 2008 has been sort of lackluster for me so far. Several good albums, but nothing really mind-blowing yet.

Anyone into shoegazer would be served well to check out the Keith Canisius (Rumskib) solo record:

http://www.myspace.com/keithcanisius

So far my favorites this year are:
Morbosidad - Profana La Cruz Del Nazareno
Opeth - Watershed
Devastator - Conjuring Evil
Necrovation - Breed Deadness Blood
Dead Congregation - Graves Of The Archangels

Other than that...some hit or misses...look forward to a few others I suppose...mostly just listening to older stuff lately anyways.

So far my favorites this year are:
Morbosidad - Profana La Cruz Del Nazareno
Opeth - Watershed
Devastator - Conjuring Evil
Necrovation - Breed Deadness Blood
Dead Congregation - Graves Of The Archangels

Other than that...some hit or misses...look forward to a few others I suppose...mostly just listening to older stuff lately anyways.

Kev, you ever listen to Virgin Black?

Man, that Portishead was such a let-down for me. With nearly all of the time in the world to come up with a creative follow-up to their self-titled album, I was fully expecting to be blown away. I thought that 3rd sounded completely rushed and uninspired. Let's face it, there's nothing that comes close to touching "Humming," "All Mine," or "Glorybox" on this record...

Hmm... 2008 has been sort of lackluster for me so far. Several good albums, but nothing really mind-blowing yet.

Anyone into shoegazer would be served well to check out the Keith Canisius (Rumskib) solo record:

http://www.myspace.com/keithcanisius

The 3rd album is very good. I hated it at first but then it got better as i listened to it again and again. I still think that the s/t is their best though.

The 3rd album is very good. I hated it at first but then it got better as i listened to it again and again. I still think that the s/t is their best though.

i'm a huge portishead fun(ihate trip hop btw).the 3rd album was exactly what i was expecting...from the first track i felt a cold touch over my skin!and that voice from the grave...so fucking awesome!
<3 dummy
<3 portishead
<3 3rd :worship:

Ufommamut - Idolum
Battle of mice - a day of night
Omega Massif - geisterstadt

nice to be back :D:Smokin: