2008 Albums

I haven't been delving too deep into new bands lately, kind of been staying with the old faithfuls. I'm really, really looking forward to the new Amon Amarth later this year...and doing windmills for 2 hours straight when they do the support tour. ;D

Well here are some of the albums of this year that I find, as you say, essential:
Opeth - Watershed
Agalloch - The White EP
Celestia - Frigidiis Apotheosia : Abstinencia Genesiis
Nyktalgia - Peisithanatos
Den Saakaldte - Øl, Mørke og Depresjon
Sorgsvart - Vikingtid Og Anarki
Bloodbath - Unblessing the Purity

And looking forward to:
Shining - Tillbaka På Ruta Ett
Both of Anathema's new albums
Arckanum - Antikosmos
The new album by Lifelover
And of course, the new one from Katatonia, if it comes out this year 8)

Okay, so....

It's happening...

Opeth is growing on me. I can actually stand to listen to the entire thing all the way through now.

I haven't bought so many records which has come out this year but so far the best I can remember now is Moonsorrow - Tulimyrsky EP. Waiting for Swallow the suns newest and Immortals among many others which doesnt come to my mind right now.

Krisiun - The Southern Storm
Bloodbath - Unblessing The Purity
The Project Hate - In Hora Mortis Nostrae
Prostitute Disfigurement - Descendants of Depravity

Upcomers
Bloodbath - Untitled Full-release
Necrophagist - Untitled Full-release
Amon Amarth - Twilight of The Thundergod

So far, my favorite album of 2008 is Sculptured's Embodiment. Besides that, I haven't been very impressed with what's been released. I do like the new Moonsorrow and Agalloch ep's and the new Red Sparowes ep sounds promising.

Warrel is one of my top 5 for sure, but there were some bad songs on the album (August, The Day the Rats Went to War)