2008 Albums

The rest of my family have blasted the lates Coldplay album at high volume ever since it came out so Im fucking sick of it...

Best this year:

Opeth - Watershed
Moonspell - Night Eternal
In Mourning - Shrouded Divine

1. L'esprit du Clan - Corpus Delecti
2. Sculptured - Embodiement
3. Qntal - Transludia

Not listened enough yet to fresh stuffs...

Teeth Lost, Hearts Won is only 2 weeks away. bring on the extremely upbeat overly happy female fronted pop rock!

DEW900069.jpg

Mogwai is getting closer and closer also. should be beautiful.

This is my 2008 list so far:

1. Infinitum - Behold Eradication
2. Bloodbath - Unblessing The Purity
3. Ashes Divide - Keep Telling Myself It's Alright
4. Mourning Beloveth - A Disease For The Ages
5. Warrel Dane - Praises To The War Machine
6. Arghoslent - Hornets of The Pogrom
7. Daylight Dies - Lost To The Living
8. Dismember - Dismember

There's also some okay albums but these are the one's I'm really coming back too.

for now:

1. Coldplay - Viva La Vida
2. Tiamat - Amanethes
3. Portishead - Third
4. Sigur Rós - Með Suð I Eyrum Við Spilum Endalaust
5. Boris - Smile
6. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!
7. Dub Trio - Another Sound Is Dying
8. The Mars Volta - The Bedlam In Goliath
9. Opeth - Watershed
10. Meshuggah - ObZen
11. Ufomammut - Idolum
12. Autechre - Quaristice

I've only heard 01001011 (or whatever...) by Ayreon, Watershed by Opeth, and Emdoiment by Sculptured.

Each of them are fantastic. Especially the Sculptured album.

Oh yeah, and The White by Agalloch. That's great too.

I have to say the DD album was a huge dissapointment for me. I thought they had learned from Dismantlig Devotion and would not make something as boring again. Obviously, I find this one just as boring as that one. 6 or 5/10, I can listen to it, but I don't find it worth the time investment. But then again, maybe I should give it another chance, after all I did enjoy No Reply a bit.

I think it's just the same thing over and over again. Heavy comp with clean picking over it. It works for a while but later on it get's boring and they should use more clean vocals, the guy who sings clean have a great voice.

I have changed my top 3 albums now.

1. Cult of Luna - Eternal Kingdom 9/10
2. Opeth - Watershed 9/10
3. Moonspell - Night Eternal 7/10

The Cult of Luna album is so fucking great. They did what I hoped they would do, no more delay tremolopicking etc but still fucking beautiful, brutal and twisted as before.

Still to come: Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God, Steven Wilson - Insurgentes, Bloodbath - The Fathomless Mastery, Anathema - Paradigm Shift, Ikuinen Kaamos - Epilogue. The only album that might beat Cult of Luna I belive is Ikuinen Kaamos but I guess we will have to wait and see.