2008 Albums

Yeah the cult of luna is great, but I wouldn't put it over Watershed or Night Eternal.

Right now for me it is:
1. Watershed - 9.5/10
2. Night Eternal 9/10
3. The White 9/10 (it's an ep, but it's long enough for me to count it)
4. Eternal Kingdom 8.5/10
5. Sigur Rós - Með Suð I Eyrum Við Spilum Endalaust 6.5/10

The Sigur Rós was a bit of a dissapointment but some of the songs are killer. It's just that at least half of the songs are boring. Takk had the same problem for me though.

1.Daylight Dies- Lost to the Living
2.Decrepit Birth- Diminishing Between Worlds

Fell in love with the new DD album, all the tracks are awesome, prefare it to Dismantling Devo.

Decrepit Birth's new album absolutely owns!

As for Opeth, Bits of Lotus Eater, Coil and Porcelain heart are ok. Rest is shit. Big dissapointment.

1.Daylight Dies- Lost to the Living
2.Decrepit Birth- Diminishing Between Worlds

Fell in love with the new DD album, all the tracks are awesome, prefare it to Dismantling Devo. :)

Decrepit Birth's new album absolutely owns! :kickass:

As for Opeth, Bits of Lotus Eater, Coil and Porcelain heart are ok. Rest is shit. Big dissapointment. :mad:

My jaw absolutely hit the floor the first time I heard this one. I really really didn't like the first album, but this one is absolutely incredible...

Its absolutely amazing..i mean i liked Necrophagist but i dont think they're anything on this band now. "... And Time Begins" is realy Brutal Death Metal, i still love it but the new album is just the best thing thing they've realeased. Favourite songs on have to be the Title track "Deminishing Between Worlds", "Reflection of Emotions" and "Dimensions Intertwine".

I reccomend this album to any Progressive Death Metal/tech fans. Doubt you'll find any flaw whatsoever in this.

This album is made of win :kickass:

Just listened to the new haunted cd "Versus" and it seems their progression with every cd has finally came to a hault, and they've actually stepped backwards. Pretty uninspired cd to say the least.

My jaw absolutely hit the floor the first time I heard this one. I really really didn't like the first album, but this one is absolutely incredible... *awaits bashing from kev*

Brutal Technical Wankfest.

Though...It's at least listenable and has some sort of songwriting other than their first album which is absolute trite....but for American Death Metal...you can't lose with Immolation or Incantation.

Just listened to the new haunted cd "Versus" and it seems their progression with every cd has finally came to a hault, and they've actually stepped backwards. Pretty uninspired cd to say the least.

Yeah...that got only and will only get one listen from me.

Well, new Slipknot is not that bad (incoming punches), that is as for the latest. An overall 2008 is pretty weak, not that good as I thought it would be. Right now my favorite album is Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust by Sigur Ros - very powerful and mood-shifting. Disappointed by new Mars Volta a little and disappointed a big by free albums of Trent Reznor and friends. Seriously, he should get back to being well paid for producing great albums, not some collection of sketches. Ghosts and The Slip are okay, but not as good as previous albums, way not as good. But still, idea of an album as a gift for fans is great and I truly respect him, but The Slip is just not an album. And by the way, Trent did that whole thing much better than Radiohead, stupid Radiohead. There is two self-titled releases that have impressed me much by This Will Destroy You and One Day as a Lion, grab them some day.

Scar Symmetry's Holographic universe blew me away for 2008. 2007's best released album I thought was Sybreed's Antares.

An overall 2008 is pretty weak, not that good as I thought it would be. Right now my favorite album is Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust by Sigur Ros - very powerful and mood-shifting. Disappointed by new Mars Volta a little and disappointed a big by free albums of Trent Reznor and friends. Seriously, he should get back to being well paid for producing great albums, not some collection of sketches. Ghosts and The Slip are okay, but not as good as previous albums, way not as good. But still, idea of an album as a gift for fans is great and I truly respect him, but The Slip is just not an album.

As far as 2008 being a weak year for music, I'd agree if you're talking about metal. Honestly, I haven't heard much that really stood out. Having said that, there were several excellent non-metal releases this year. If nothing else, I'd highly suggest you check out The Daysleepers debut album, "Drowned In A Sea Of Sound," as well as the new M83 album, "Saturdays = Youth." The new Sigur Ros and NIN were pretty good, but I don't believe either of them will make it to my top 10 for the year.

Scar Symmetry's Holographic universe blew me away for 2008.

Agreed. This is by far the best metal release I've heard all year.

I am the be all, end all mind of the forums...we will know next week when the new Witchfinder General is out! I am very excited.

New Witchfinder General? Already? I heard they recently got back together, but I didn't know a new album was due so soon. I own both of their full lengths, so I'm eager to see what they can do.