2008 Albums

Just listened to the new haunted cd "Versus" and it seems their progression with every cd has finally came to a hault, and they've actually stepped backwards. Pretty uninspired cd to say the least.

really, damn. this is disappointing to hear. i was really looking forward to it. i thought the dead eye was such a great step forward.

Just listened to the new haunted cd "Versus" and it seems their progression with every cd has finally came to a hault, and they've actually stepped backwards. Pretty uninspired cd to say the least.

Yes, wtf happened to the kings of neverending awesome riffs?
What a disappointment.

Rarely listened new CDs from this year.
I've never heard so many old albums all the time like in that one.
The best ones? Let me think.

-All of Bloodbath's new work (UTP, Wacken Carnage AND the new album... they just can't disappoint)
-Of course the new Dismember. The best since Indecent for me
-Probably Amon Amarth... we'll see
-Opeth

Records that failed to me:
-Grave (sorry, wasn't bad at all but nothing special)
-Dailight Dies, partly. Too much recycled from Dismantling Devotion imo.

Yeah, Dead Eye truly was, but this is somewhere deep in Revolver ground. Still some fresh moments, but as a whole it's drown out by a lot of rehash sadly. Definitely pales in comparison to DE.

But definitely give it a listen, and see for yourself.

giving it a listen now. opening track Moronic Colossus was surprisingly good. after a few listens i rather like this track. dolvings vocals just make the song. the next 2 tracks sound like leftover riffs from The Dead Eye but just meh. a little disappointing. Trenches is fucking awesome. really digging it so far. Ceremony is also a solid track. i love Skuld because i just love shit like the clean vocals in Burnt to a shell. crusher and rivers run are a little average.

on with the rest of the album.

UPDATE:

yeah so Crusher and Rivers Run are actually both pretty badass. sadly the last 3 tracks are a great big bore.

oh well maybe some of these tracks will grow.

A lot of the tracks sound like they could be B sides or tracks off Revolver.

Ok, yeah, it has that kinda style, just not as good.

I dunno, i feel kinda irritated with myself sometimes, expecting too much and judging too fast, this album will probably turn out to be great with time.
I know I slamed Paradise Losts latest when it was released, and I love it now. Im such a hypocrite. :)

New Iced Earth comes out Sept 9.

From what I've heard, it rocks hard!

I Walk Alone is fucking amazing. So glad to hear Barlow again.

And what I've heard isn't signature Schaffer. Maybe he's trying some new stuff haha.