2. Opeth - Watershed
3. Steven Wilson - Insurgentes
4. Evergrey - Torn
5. Lunatic Soul - Lunatic Soul
6. Anathema - Hindsight
7. Bloodbath - The Fathomless Mastery
8. Into Eternity - The Incurable Tragedy
9. In Mourning - The Shrouded Divine
10. Agalloch - The White EP (not a full-length, but whatever)

The Coldplay disc definitely beats all the albums on your list except In Mourning. Gojira is huge slab of shit, Watershed has a couple of worthwhile songs etc. And the Evergrey album really sucks, cheesy as hell :):wave:

Coldplay's new album hardly beats any of those albums. I guess if you like overproduced, fabricated commercial music it's good, but otherwise no.

Have you even given the new Gojira album a good, solid listen or the band for that matter? I don't think you have.

I'll try to compile a list....

1. Virgin Black - Requiem - Fortissimo
2. Moonspell - Night Eternal
3. Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine
4. Dark Suns - Grave Human Genuine
5. Murder By Death - Red of Tooth and Claw
6. Before the Dawn - Soundscape of Silence
7. Sculptured - Embodiment:...
8. Daylight Dies - Lost To The Living
9. Woods of Ypres - Wood III (That was 2008, right?)
10. Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago

thats close to it

Cradle of Filth is surely an improvement from the previous, I was listening to it again yesterday and I was a bit overcome by this feeling of 'it's just more of what we already know from them', so I won't be buying this I think, I have enough CoF albums.

Hey Madtinus, you still feel that this is the case?

I've really come to love this album, especially Shat Out Of Hell, The 13th Caesar, Sweetest Maleficia (my fav on the album), Darkness Incarnate and Godspeed on the devil's thunder....of course The Death Of Love and Sulphur and Honey are good too...sure.

The drummer is especially good on this album. There's a lot to like on this album. I hated Thornography, so this makes COF interesting ones again..didn't think that would happen so soon.

Presently, my list is as follows:

The American Dollar- A Memory Stream
Anathema- Hindsight
Ashes Divide- Keep Telling Myself It's Alright
The Daysleepers- Drowned In A Sea Of Sound
God Is An Astronaut- God Is An Astronaut
M83- Saturdays = Youth
Scar Symmetry- Holographic Universe
Seba- Return To Forever
Sigur Rós- Með Suð Í Eyrum Við Spilum Endalaust
Textures- Silhouettes

Keith Canisius' "Ferris Wheel Makeout" is also a contender, but I have yet to hear the album in its entirety. Of course, this list is only based on the albums I have heard, so it stands to reason that there are many other phenomenal albums that haven't made it to my list only because I don't know about them. So, if anyone knows of any deserving music I didn't list (especially in the ways of shoegaze, post-rock and ambient music), please let me know.

DON'T, they're schmukzz!!! Well at least when they released Dusk and Her Embrace they weren't. Different story now.

So you're saying Cruelty and the beast was bad?
Why are they schmukzz now? :D

Dani has always been the way he has. Always been schmuckzzy..nothing has changed really...except for the constant line-up change that is..but that's just good now and then. At least on this album.

Btw Ominousinane, do you really feel personality is important to like when it comes to music? Or maybe you didn't mean on a personal level? If so, what did you mean?

Don't you love a lot of questions? ;)

60% of the new Bloodbath is 100% awesome.

I forgot Infinitum - Behold Eradication.

hmm i know i'm missing some other stuff