2008 Political debate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone ever bring up Palin's alleged book ban that she inquired about while in Alaska? I think that got blown out of proportion, but it's still scary to me to think that anyone who'd want to ban any sort of literature could get into a public office. I'm curious to hear any justifications of this.

Also, is the debate happening tonight?

Yes, the debate is happening...McCain said that there was enough progress made on the "bailout", so he could fly to Mississippi...even though House Republicans are essentially revolting against any bailout plan, and honestly I don't blame them. As for Palin, I don't think there's been much said about the alleged book ban, rather most of the attention lately has been on her pathetic interviews and answers to the press. She scares me quite a bit, and I'm not an alarmist or a paranoid guy at all.

So... Both sides claim they won the debate (No surprise there). I think it was very close. I'm surprised Obama didn't counter McCains comments. I think he stuck to his script too much. IMHO

Yes, the debate is happening...McCain said that there was enough progress made on the "bailout", so he could fly to Mississippi...even though House Republicans are essentially revolting against any bailout plan, and honestly I don't blame them. As for Palin, I don't think there's been much said about the alleged book ban, rather most of the attention lately has been on her pathetic interviews and answers to the press. She scares me quite a bit, and I'm not an alarmist or a paranoid guy at all.

The way I look at it, America is fucked either way. If McCain gets elected it will be a faster more entertaining ride to the bottom. So, get out and vote, America!:rolleyes:

I'm surprised Obama didn't counter McCains comments. I think he stuck to his script too much. IMHO
I'd say he countered enough...I don't think he wanted to get into a prolonged pissing match...just arguing back n forth is pointless, voters want to hear what a candidate's ideas are and why. Neither made a major blunder, so it was pretty close, though all the polls seemed to give Obama the edge...probably because Obama more than held his own on McCain's supposed strength (foreign policy).

McCain trying to pronounce Ahmadinejad :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
All political views aside....the whole "ZOMG I'm going to add "hussein" every time I say Obama's name" thing is annoying, not to mention retarded. If you think you're making a point, you're not. I think it's only fair that someone lets you know:)

B. Hussein Obama said that McCain was "absolutely right" 8 times during the debate. Admitting your opponent is right? That's almost as bad as Biden's gaffes...LMAO.

No jackass, that's admitting that your opponent isn't a tota fag who has no idea what's going on. At some point, there's going to be an overlap. Dont' be a bitch, you know that people wll agree with parts without being fuckinig on the sam,e page. If youre going to be true and honest to yourselv, both candidates did a great job as candidates and both sucked ten dicks atconvincing the other side to vote for their cause (be it left of right). They both won and they both failed. Miserably. All i can say is open the debates to third party and then it'll be on.

All political views aside....the whole "ZOMG I'm going to add "hussein" every time I say Obama's name" thing is annoying, not to mention retarded. If you think you're making a point, you're not. I think it's only fair that someone lets you know:)

Definite +1. I was thinking the same thing.:)

Seriously. Reality welcomes you... with a learning curve. Middle names =/= terrorism.

And admitting your opponent has a good point is a sure sign of an intelligent thinker. It's the idiot who cries "you're wrong you're wrong".

Definite +1. I was thinking the same thing.:)

kenneth R. said:
Seriously. Reality welcomes you... with a learning curve. Middle names =/= terrorism.

So...I see simply uttering his name does touch a nerve...search deep in your souls people, search deep. If you have a problem with it being mentioned & I don't...you may have an issue. :lol:

We have a problem with you making an issue of it, consciously stressing it as if there is some inherent meaning to be found there that isn't. I don't like blatant stupidity.

I can't speak for the others, but I get pissed off when people try to sell me shit or try to snowball me with lies or twisted truths. Hence, you making an issue of a guy's middle name because "zomfg it's Hussein - a ridiculously common middle eastern name." You might as well come up with glib axioms for McCain, Palin, and Biden while you're at it, and finish middle school sociology.

We have a problem with you making an issue of it, consciously stressing it as if there is some inherent meaning to be found there that isn't. I don't like blatant stupidity.

I can't speak for the others, but I get pissed off when people try to sell me shit or try to snowball me with lies or twisted truths. Hence, you making an issue of a guy's middle name because "zomfg it's Hussein - a ridiculously common middle eastern name." You might as well come up with glib axioms for McCain, Palin, and Biden while you're at it, and finish middle school sociology.

I pretty much agree 100% on this.

It's very obvious to anyone who has just a little bit of common sense (like myself) that there was an underlying reason why you where emphasizing that. Don't spin it around and accuse us of taking issue over nothing. You're clearly doing it for a reason. How many people in your life do you commonly refer to like that?

"Hey, J William Anderson, what's going on?"
"M Night Shyamalan, your movies suck"

...Ok, nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.