2009 Music

I checked out the new dredg tonight. It had interesting points. I listened to Catch Without Arms the other day and again tonight. Definitely has a nice feel to it. Not sure if I would ever be able to get into them completely. Some of the music is really emotional and the vocal melodies are great at times. That track Zebraskin has really sucked me in for some reason.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Porcupine Tree new album
Porcupine Tree are happy to announce the forthcoming release of their tenth studio album "The Incident". The record is set to be released via Roadrunner Records worldwide on 21st September, as a double CD.

The centre-piece is the title track, which takes up the whole of the first disc. The 55-minute work is described as “a slightly surreal song cycle about beginnings and endings and the sense that ‘after this, things will never be the same again’.”

The self-produced album is completed by four standalone compositions that developed out of band writing sessions last December - Flicker, Bonnie The Cat, Black Dahlia, and Remember Me Lover feature on a separate EP length disc to stress their independence from the song cycle.

Video footage of the band in the studio working on The Incident, as well as audio previews, will be available online soon. The band will tour extensively to promote the album from mid September onwards.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=38472624&blogId=494486027

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Porcupine Tree new album
Porcupine Tree are happy to announce the forthcoming release of their tenth studio album "The Incident". The record is set to be released via Roadrunner Records worldwide on 21st September, as a double CD.

The centre-piece is the title track, which takes up the whole of the first disc. The 55-minute work is described as “a slightly surreal song cycle about beginnings and endings and the sense that ‘after this, things will never be the same again’.”

The self-produced album is completed by four standalone compositions that developed out of band writing sessions last December - Flicker, Bonnie The Cat, Black Dahlia, and Remember Me Lover feature on a separate EP length disc to stress their independence from the song cycle.

Video footage of the band in the studio working on The Incident, as well as audio previews, will be available online soon. The band will tour extensively to promote the album from mid September onwards.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=38472624&blogId=494486027

Doesn't this tell us that it isn't likely that Mr Wilson is producing the new Katatonia album?
I'm just guessing here of course, but isn't it unlikely that he does both those things at the same time?

Edit: However... it seems all the production etc. has already been done for PT. Makes working for Katatonia far more possible

Steve Wilson still needs to finish producing the new Anathema album first, so I doubt he'll do the new Katatonia album.

Damn, the autumn will be crazy filled with highly anticipated new releases, September: Porcupine Tree, Alice in Chains and Paradise Lost. October the Katz and Megadeth will come out with the new album "Endgame" as well, damn!! And then there's Shining, possibly new Morbid Angel.. :O

So far I like:

Amorphis: Skyforger
Other Lives: S/T
Blut Aus Nord: Memoria Vetusta II - Dialogue With The Stars
I Am Ghost: Those We Leave Behind
Alela Diane: To Be Still
God Dethroned: Passiondale
Jim Gaffigan: King Baby
Maudlin of the Well: Part the Second
Unanimated: In the Light of Darkness
My Dying Bride: For Lies I Sire (some great stuff, although half of this album is pretty boring and uninspired, vocals are worse than the last album???)
Lisa Hannigan: Sea Sew

Really looking forward to Katatonia, Anathema, Hypocrisy, and Paradise Lost cd's as well!