2009 Music

well thrice's new beggers leaked 3 months in advance. sucks for them. sadly the album is a massive let down and sounds like them covering maroon 5. so fuck i don't know.

better news
Cave in got back together and just released a new 12" ep. its up streaming at http://planetsofold.com/
check it out, its god damn amazing.

You're right about Beggars Soundjunkie. To describe it in one word: lackluster. There goes their track record of getting better with each release.

I don't think I'm gonna listen to the new PT until the full album is out, since it's really one entire track, I don't want to spoil it

You're right about Beggars Soundjunkie. To describe it in one word: lackluster. There goes their track record of getting better with each release.

ok, i am having second thoughts. having listened the shit out of this record for the past week with a nice pair of head phones and haven gotten over the initial shock of it sounding nothing like i wanted it to its actually pretty amazing. its extremely subtle and iv found the slower songs are actually the best on this record. the weight and circles are fucking stand out especially the ending of circles. In Exile and Wood & Wire are another 2 excellent tracks and the title track kinda clicked for me the way it plods along and then breaks out into pure just amazement at the end. dustins lyrics are again incredible. at times this record is basically thrice playing post rock.

Seems to be an excellent music year again, just like 2008. I have already heard great albums by Necrophobic, Tribulation, Unanimated, Shining and Ghost Brigade and still a lot of highly anticipated stuff coming up: Alice in Chains, Porcupine Tree, Paradise Lost, Katatonia and to a slightly lesser extent, Slayer and Megadeth, sweet!

Seems to be an excellent music year again, just like 2008. I have already heard great albums by Necrophobic, Tribulation, Unanimated, Shining and Ghost Brigade and still a lot of highly anticipated stuff coming up: Alice in Chains, Porcupine Tree, Paradise Lost, Katatonia and to a slightly lesser extent, Slayer and Megadeth, sweet!

should check out the Cave In EP "planets of old" and the new He is Legend album "it hates you". new Between the buried and me album is out the same day as katatonia aswell. if you haven't listened to between the buried then you really should. there previous album "colors" was absolutely amazing.