2009 Music

Okay... New Katatonia, Paradise Lost, Anathema and Porcupine Tree album. That sounds like something to be excited about.

New Ares Kingdom will be out soon. I also await the Utumno reissue. I think you might be interested in that, Martijn! www.darksymphonies.com the ressiues they are putting out makes me orgasm uncontrollably at raging speeds.
Yeah, I saw the update about it on MySpace, it looks awesome but the price is kinda putting me off ($25 + $21 (!) shipping to Europe..), I'm waiting for a German distributor to get it (Iron Bonehead). I will only get it if it's somewhat reasonably priced since I already have the original CD and 7-inch anyway.

Gotcha, wish I could say I owned those myself...but this guy does a good job on these reissues and it makes the race to find the originals stop right away...The Purtenance reissue is simply, godly.

should def bump this topic back up. cant die etc. yeah iv given the incident a handful of spins now over the last week and its shit. oh well, cant win em all.

should def bump this topic back up. cant die etc. yeah iv given the incident a handful of spins now over the last week and its shit. oh well, cant win em all.

really? i think is their best album, not experimental/progressive was the early ones, and not so straight as In Absentia. It still feels like PT and the melodies are billhant.

really? i think is their best album, not experimental/progressive was the early ones, and not so straight as In Absentia. It still feels like PT and the melodies are billhant.
Can't say where I rank it among their other albums yet, but it's surely yet another great album. Time will tell where it will rank for me. It's gonna receive many more plays in the coming months for sure.

Holy hell! PT have out done themselves this time, which makes this just about the greatest album of all times yo!

\m/

One thing I am really enjoying about The Incident is some of Steven's vocal melodies. This is very good and it will grow a lot more on me shortly. Fear Of A Blank Planet ended up becoming my favourite Porcupine Tree album, so I did not have any expectations for this one.

If you're fairly open-minded and don't mind indie rock/alternative music check out Metric's new album Fantasies

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, it doesn't make a lick of sense. Not to mention imo overall this is their darkest record to date. Also Steve has never sounded better. Perhaps an hour long cohesive work is too much for some folks to take in.