2009 Music

Personally I'll take someone with a range that includes one hell of a soft falsetto register over someone who needs to distort their voice to cover things up, but to each their own I suppose. That's just the way of the word. Some people love cookies, and some don't.

I don't particularly think its very openminded like to get so upset when someone gives an opposing opinion, or for that matter simply saying they don't like a band you do.

This probably isn't the best place to be bashing metal or death metal, seeing how Katatonia is a metal band and the majority of their fans I'm sure listen to things of similar nature. Maybe next time recommend something you think a few others on here might enjoy?

Personally I'll take someone with a range that includes one hell of a soft falsetto register over someone who needs to distort their voice to cover things up, but to each their own I suppose. That's just the way of the word. Some people love cookies, and some don't.

And I was thinking the distortion on the vocals on that video you posted was lame, i guess we think alike! :lol:

I hold dynamics in the highest of regards. I do enjoy letting off some steam with a scream every now, and then. If you scream at the top of your lungs the entire cd it really loses it's punch that makes it so special in the first place.

"As a musician, I never like to be writing within a comfort zone, because you invariably write music which sounds comfortable. Set Fire To The Hive was something we wrote from a weird place, where we were all frustrated by external stuff, and you can hear it in the song – it’s like we’re all going ‘FAARRK!!’ It’s definitely the heaviest moment, the black sheep of the album."
-Karnivool

http://www.bombshellzine.com/focuson/karnivool.htm

Absolutely, im not saying i never will like karnevool. But as a first listen the vocals just sucks to me.
Its not any different with DM, two years ago i couldnt stand fantastic bands like Meshuggah or Decapitated.

edit: Oh, and i have pretty much overplayed Rapid Eye Movement. :(

I find it's usually best to at least attempt to get the facts before passing judgement. You never know you might be listening to the "blacksheep." In this case you're only problem was the vocals, and had you done a little more digging you would have seen it's the only track on the album like that. Like all songs worth listening to when I first heard it I too was a bit thrown off. Although in the context of the cd it's a very cool song imo.

I find it's usually best to at least attempt to get the facts before passing judgement. You never know you might be listening to the "blacksheep." In this case you're only problem was the vocals, and had you done a little more digging you would have seen it's the only track on the album like that. Like all songs worth listening to when I first heard it I too was a bit thrown off. Although in the context of the cd it's a very cool song imo.

Yep. I was just commenting a video though, and at the moment im not searching that scope of the musicworld.

Yep. I was just commenting a video though, and at the moment im not searching that scope of the musicworld.
I did post the first track on the record a few comments before it. Perhaps you missed it? :p