2009 Music

ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki

I really like the new Amorphis. Just listening to it and I'm really digging this stuff.

I haven't really followed what's going on this year but Swallow the Sun, Insomnium and HIM are the ones I'm looking for this year.

New Amorphis is sweet. Needs more growls, but the title track, Sampo and Silver Bride still slays with clean vox. Majestic Beast and Separated is the true win though. Almost as good as Eclipse :)

Aye. I didn't really have expectations towards their new album, since I was pretty dissappointed with 'Silent Waters'. I'm not even sure if that's the correct name it was so 'meh'. :D

But man has Joutsen really improved his growls or is it just me?

They were great to begin with but on this disc it's just sick. No need for Åkerfeldt worshipping anymore because this guy has an even better tone. Wish I could hear him do some Death Metal :) Yeah, I was also disappointed with "Silent Waters". This album has much more energy and memorable songs.

They were great to begin with but on this disc it's just sick. No need for Åkerfeldt worshipping anymore because this guy has an even better tone. Wish I could hear him do some Death Metal :) Yeah, I was also disappointed with "Silent Waters". This album has much more energy and memorable songs.

Aye. Agreed! :)

I love Skyforger as well, my fave of the year so far! I do think that Separated should have been on the album and not just a bonus track on the Silver Bride single. The album needed just a tad more growls/agression, but other than that it is brilliant, so many incredible choruses! Joutsen just keeps getting better.

I think that Silent Waters was fucking great though, especially the first five songs (lots of heaviness and growls), I have really enjoyed the last 3 albums by Amorphis and have very few complaints about them overall.

I haven't really followed what's going on this year but Swallow the Sun, Insomnium and HIM are the ones I'm looking for this year.

Insomnium has been recording the new album for half a year now. I am so intrigued to hear what they do next. I would call it a top five album that I want to hear this year. I hope that they complete the recording process very soon.

So far maudlin of the Well's Part the Second is by far the number one album of the year for me!!!

Blut Aus Nord, Mournful Congregation, Isis, Pelican, Napalm Death, Maudlin of the Well, Mono, and Katharsis have been my favorites so far out of about 25 I've heard. Just got the new Beherit too and will be listening to that tonight or tomorrow.

Insomnium has been recording the new album for half a year now. I am so intrigued to hear what they do next. I would call it a top five album that I want to hear this year. I hope that they complete the recording process very soon.

Aye. They apparently will have some clean vocals there by the guy in Profane Omen (Jules Näveri), I really hope they pull it off with style. It kinda scares me right now.

Yeah, I hope they can pull that off as well. As long as they are not some shit powermetal vox I have confidence they'll do it well. Also one of my most anticipated albums.

I briefly checked out that band yesterday on their myspace. I skimmed through a track or two to find some clean vocals and it sounded like borderline power vocals, but maybe a little deeper.

Yeah, I hope they can pull that off as well. As long as they are not some shit powermetal vox I have confidence they'll do it well. Also one of my most anticipated albums.

I briefly checked out that band yesterday on their myspace. I skimmed through a track or two to find some clean vocals and it sounded like borderline power vocals, but maybe a little deeper.

I have trust that they know what they're doing and use his vocals on the right spots, though there's always the 'but' factor.

He's only in like two songs, so at least the whole album won't be filled with his vocals if they suck.

The new Mars Volta is by far the best record I've listened to so far this year.

Listened to the new Mars Volta and it was good but I wouldn't put it in my top 10 this year so far.