2009 Music

Novembers Doom - Into Nights Requiem Infernal. Fucking awesome album, by far their best. Comes out in a couple days, I did a little mini review in their forums.

Now listening to Amorphis - Sampo, one of the best songs i heard in the past 5 years at least. "Silver Bride" is also great. Amorphis songs these days are more breathtaking than ever imo. Beatiful, heavy, melodic, progressive, dark, bright. I'm pretty sure that Katatonia will also sound better than ever this year. This is indeed a fantastic year for music fans.

i wish they would re-record Elegy, their masterpiece, with Joutsen on vocals

Novembers Doom - Into Nights Requiem Infernal. Fucking awesome album, by far their best. Comes out in a couple days, I did a little mini review in their forums.

I heard it a few times, it doesnt top The Pale Haunt imo.
Like always im having a hard time with Pauls vocalmelodies and... well, the clean singing in general.
Could use some SW-love.
He nailed it on Empathys Greed though.

Btw, Anathema has changed the title for their new album from Horizons to Angels Walk Among Us, a good move imo, I love that title and the song is absolutely worthy as a titletrack.

New Novembers Doom is solid. Problem is, Dan Swano fucked up the production job in a big, muddy way. Way too over-produced, the riffs usually sound like they're wading through a shit pool, unless you listen really loud on a great sound system. So basically, I can only listen to it in my car.
Musically, though, Into Night's Requiem Infernal finds that band at the top of their game, even if it doesn't top The Pale Haunt Departure.

Novembers Doom and Amorphis are tied for the top spot so far....

I think the mixing job is fine on INRI...

Dredg is solid.

Although they are very much in a different vein than most of the music mentioned in this thread so far, the new Destroyer 666 and Razor of Occam cds have been kicking my holier-than-thou Jewish tushie as of late.

I listened to the new Alice in Chains album at a listening party in NYC last night and the record owns big time.
It's like a heavy progression from Tripod mixed with Cantrell's Deg Trip album.