2012 Tour

So, with the possibility that this may be the last Prog Power USA, and the fact that Sy-X is headlining the last night, and the hints at a special set, anybody from this forum thinking of taking a ride down South for what could be one of the mosty epic sets from Sy-X in a long time? They headlined the first one, and they are headlining what MIGHT be the last one. The stars are aligned......There should be magic in the air.......:Smokedev:

Nope. Not going across the country to hear Serpent's Kiss or whatever the fuck.

I'm still debating whether to go or not. If Redemption was headlining the first day instead of Epica :)erk:), it would be an easier decision. There's not a single band I'm interested in besides them and Symphony X. $150 is pretty steep for two bands.

Not to underestimate the guys, but considering their track record, I can't see them re-learning that much stuff just for one show (or even a few shows). Like Detective, I think they will just play the title track. That's awesome since it's one of my favorite songs, but on the other hand, that 20 minute track is probably going to fulfill the quota of older material. We'll see. Oh. Of Sins and Shadows too, of course. That's two songs from Divine Wings.

It's really a pity that Epica and MaYaN alone are completely repelling me from Symphony X playing a special set.
I can't stand anything that Mark Jansen does musically. It kills more brain cells than drugs do.

It's really a pity that Epica and MaYaN alone are completely repelling me from Symphony X playing a special set.
I can't stand anything that Mark Jansen does musically. It kills more brain cells than drugs do.

Call it an early night on Friday and plan your dinner accordingly on Saturday. Problem fixed! See you in Atlanta

Glenn
ProgPower USA

Call it an early night on Friday and plan your dinner accordingly on Saturday. Problem fixed! See you in Atlanta

Glenn
ProgPower USA
That was actually a joke.
Actually it's finances that keep me from going this year if I'll be serious. I would very much like to attend ProgPower with Symphony X playing a special set, but money is lame.
I'm just angry and mildly jealous because I feel like I can do the same thing that they do. :p And I'm also a troll.

Redemption gets a 75 minute set. Epica gets 90.

Don't let 15 minutes keep you from one hell of a time in Atlanta.
Oh, I thought that the headliner got 2 hours. Eh, I'm leaning towards going. Might not have a chance to see Redemption for a while, especially if new Fates finally comes out.

:lol:

Well. They didn't add anything different, but simply getting rid of "Bastards of the Machine" makes for an improved setlist.

^--- I don't see the choice between the three as that important, none of them are even among the best of Iconoclast anyway. Some rotation would be nice for a change, though.

At this point there's no excuse for the setlist. It's a summer festival, goddamnit! It should be about time to stop focusing on the promotion of Iconoclast and get back to being SX, a band that's released eight albums.

I actually like Heretic and I think it would go well live. However, I just don't understand how they aren't tired of playing the same songs from the older albums. Come on, spice it up some! Throw in some surprises here and there at least.