A question to the Finns here!

hauta

Tengo mucho sueño -_-
Feb 4, 2012
BG/FI/ES
Sorry for my dumb question, but why do all the Finns hate Swedish people? Is it because the Swedish slavery? I just don't get it and that's why I decided to ask :D

conanswedensucks8nz.jpg

I can't even think how it's possible for people to believe this stupid "finnish people hate swedish people"-stereotype. Only these redneck hockey fanatics might think that swedish people are "gay" and majority of these people also think that homosexuality is a disease.

Because we are forced to study Swedish and it's quite humiliating considering our past. It's natural people want to feel free of the country that once owned them. I have a couple of Swedish friends and they're cool. It's true they are more open than regular Finnish men, but so am I. Other reason is the ice hockey rivalry, and the natural jealousy of your land to the neighbouring countries. People are full of fear, anger and insecure self-image, so they strive to team up and look for others to hate.

I can't even think how it's possible for people to believe this stupid "finnish people hate swedish people"-stereotype. Only these redneck hockey fanatics might think that swedish people are "gay" and majority of these people also think that homosexuality is a disease.

Are you talking about lätkäjuntit? Yeah, I know how much they love Sweden, but I didn't mean them :D

Homosexuality IS a disease..

Because we are forced to study Swedish and it's quite humiliating considering our past. It's natural people want to feel free of the country that once owned them. I have a couple of Swedish friends and they're cool. It's true they are more open than regular Finnish men, but so am I.

Aha.. I have some Swedish friends here (thought Swedes are in the South parts, not North.. :rofl:) and I can't see anything wrong with them.. That's why I decided to ask.
Yeah, studying Swedish is kinda bad.. Especially after that slavery, but at least it sounds good :D I wanna study it, but dunno..

Kiitos!

I would say: a mental illness on the emotional side, on the sexual side perversion.

Why does everyone start a witch hunt these days for those who say this? Maybe they wanna watch gay couples kiss...? It's not like we go around shouting 'being gay is a sickness'. It's just what it is, or is it biologically meant? Give me a break. There's nothing wrong about being sick, everyone has their own issues they can't help. No-one's stopping gays from being gays. Except the metal heads and such.

Now of course you have the people in the sexual minority gild this whole thing up by labeling themselves just beautifully different, or biologically determined since fetus. Let them have that, it may save them from suicide. As for the gay wedding thing, I think there's a climax between the church's foundations and the church's ethic message.

Lesbians are just more easily accepted, because they're hot, but I think an interesting guestion is is it ok for (gay) chicks to kiss publicly, but for men not?

I wanna study it, but dunno..

Do NOT study Swedish. The original Swedish words are something you'll never memorize.

It's not like we go around shouting 'being gay is a sickness'.

In fact I know people who do this. My main point is that things are really fucked up when it's more acceptable to shout out that "HOMOSEXUALS SHOULD BE KILLED" than being one.

Oh and don't study Swedish. I hate their language more than any other language in the world.

Holy shit, what's that shit? Slavery? None of you guys here has been a slave. Ever. It's history, it's ridiculous that you feel bad for yourselves. Also: ''My granddad was killed by your grandma - I have to kill YOU now''.

:lol: the world doesnt need people like you

:fu:

Maybe they wanna watch gay couples kiss...?

as much as I want to watch a ''normal'' couple kiss. It's just two kissing people, just because both of them have a dick you should forbid it? Cool conclusion. That's just a childish résumé. ''haha, you like gays, you are gay''

Lesbians are just more easily accepted, because they're hot, but I think an interesting guestion is is it ok for (gay) chicks to kiss publicly, but for men not?

Are you fucking serious ? That's not an interesting question, that's a dumb one. Lesbians = Gay = (most likely) Human = same rules for everyone. Just because your manly mind feels endangered you even consider this being a real question. Of course I prefer watching two kissing GIRLS but that's doesn't mean gay men are not allowed to kiss publicly. It's like saying ''I hate the ice cream, especially the look - it should be banned from the streets of my country!'' It's awesome how some people care way too much about the sexuality of the people around them.

:loco:

Do NOT study Swedish. The original Swedish words are something you'll never memorize.

Well, I managed to memorize appelsiinituoremehu or tavaratalo or mielenkiintoinen, so.. XD
At least Finnish sounds good- Swedish is more like a cat, speaking German :D

Oh and don't study Swedish. I hate their language more than any other language in the world.

And you have to study it at school ):
The world can be cruel..

However, thank you guys for the advices! :)

That's just a childish résumé. ''haha, you like gays, you are gay''

I'm just saying what everybody thinks. I have nothing against gays, but this hypocrisy from gay-defenders is getting out of hand. First it was a crime, then they were given freedom to love each other and live together (this is an appropriate level) but now they want to get married in a church and adopt children. That I accept but only if they adopt from developing countries where the orphan child would suffer more than in Skandinavia being school bullied for gay parents and face the consequences of psychologically incomplete upbringing. For the church debate I don't get involved in now.

But hey, poppers (Rush, the legal inhalation drug they like to leave open on the table before penetration) is fucking alright, and it's a gay's bedroom and party favourite. Of course I've been completely sober since 8 months ago, but I've had quite a bit of fun. If you're ever bored in a bar with mates just call your gay friend and bring forth the poppers for a few rounds, it's just a woosh and you're high as a toad for half a minute.

Jesus fuck Joonas just shoot yourself in the head already. Your existence is way more damaging to the collective well being of humanity than a trillion nazi gay couples raising children combined.

But hey, poppers (Rush, the legal inhalation drug they like to leave open on the table before penetration) is fucking alright, and it's a gay's bedroom and party favourite. Of course I've been completely sober since 8 months ago, but I've had quite a bit of fun. If you're ever bored in a bar with mates just call your gay friend and bring forth the poppers for a few rounds, it's just a woosh and you're high as a toad for half a minute.

yeah yeah over here everybody's worshipping Hitler because we're Germans. Whatever man, I know more straight dudes than gay dudes that went though their "Popper times". The fact that you enjoyed it so much is a bit irritating to be honest. The story about you taking drugs just because you're sitting in a bar being totally bored is awesome though.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opw6e7ItInc&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo7MUC7lcwQ&feature=related[/ame]

yeah yeah over here everybody's worshipping Hitler because we're Germans. Whatever man, I know more straight dudes than gay dudes that went though their "Popper times". The fact that you enjoyed it so much is a bit irritating to be honest. The story about you taking drugs just because you're sitting in a bar being totally bored is awesome though.

I wasn't bored :loco: I tried that stuff a couple times because some people offered, but the other wasn't gay. Being bored in a bar is the stupidest shit ever. All I do is go outside in the nature and eat mandarins.

Sorry for my dumb question, but why do all the Finns hate Swedish people? Is it because the Swedish slavery? I just don't get it and that's why I decided to ask :D

Sweden is our dear neighbour who we both hate and love. We joke about them, they tell the same jokes about us. Yes, since we have history together and Finland was under the Swedish rule, we have to learn Swedish in Finland. I don't think people really hate Sweden or Swedish people - some just hate that it is obligatory to study Swedish at least for 3 years.

In my opinion, all this 'hatred' is quite ridiculous. I admit that studying Swedish sometimes feels like a relic from the past but usually its just all about this childish attitude: since your friend said Swedes are gay and studying Swedish sucks, you have to think the same way.

And I wouldn't talk about Swedish slavery. Yeh, there were bad times but Finns were never slaves.