About me leaving Bloodbath

That is a kick in the nuts. I feel kind of hollow. It might be because im wasted. Damn it. Im going to listen to bloodbath and drink excesivly.....again :D

HAIL DAN \m/

This sucks, I haven't been so depressed by news in a long, long time. With both Åkerfeldt and Swanö now gone, Bloodbath is officially no longer the band that I fell in love with years ago when I first heard them, nor are they worth my attention any longer. This kind of news just ruins a man's day, I would have never seen this coming, ever.

Thank you for introducing me to the world of metal, Mr. Swanö. You are, and will forever be, a grand person.

Nightmares Made Flesh said:
With both Åkerfeldt and Swanö now gone, Bloodbath is officially no longer the band that I fell in love with years ago when I first heard them, nor are they worth my attention any longer.

So you didn't fall in love with it for the music?

Best of luck to you Dan, while I may loath your fanboys you still remain one of the best producers and multi-instrumentalists around. All the best with Unisound and your other future endevours and thanks for Eaten and all the other killer songs.

Eh, things don't exactly look bright ahead for Bloodbath right now, but I don't see why you would stop following the band because of this. I'm as sorry to hear this as the next Swano fan, but as long as Blakkheim is still behind it I'll be interested to hear whatever the band puts forth.

I'll miss Dan in Bloodbath a great deal, but I look forward to both his and Bloodbath's future output.

This is unexpected, and sad, but... Dan has made it plain that he isn't a touring musician, and Jonas and Anders have clearly wanted to tour Bloodbath for some time now. That, regardless of any other reason, is enough justification to part ways. It sounds like it may have been a rather random, almost cold way to do it, but... at the end of the day, I can understand where the guys are coming from.

Makes me curious to see what is next for Bloodbath.

I'm afraid this is going to come back to bite them... Swanö ist easily the best Songwriter of the three when in comes to Death Metal.

It's understandable, but still a damn shame..

Sure, Anders & Jonas are still there, but it surely isn't the same Bloodbath without Dan & Mikael, also it seems a one-way decision, I can't deny it feels a bit weird how it went..

for me bloodbath's dead already,it is pointless to look forward for a 3rd album while dan is not a member anymore,no offense but mr's blakky riffs are too plain and mellow....that's my opinion though

Cerulean said:
WTF dude!! Bloodbath is allmighty Jonas and Blakky too!! Blasphemer!!!!! :puke:

From the beginning of Bloodbath I thought the band was a bunch of friends playing death metal for their own fun. I never wanted them to do tours or anything like that. Current actions of the Katatonia guys are unbelievable. They can continue Bloodbath together if they want to, but I have none interest in the band after what they've done. (I still love Katatonia and Diabolical Masquerade.)

I really really hope that Dan Swanö and Mikae Åkerfeldt would do some project together. Just for pure quality Death Metal.

Zed Leppelin said:
I really really hope that Dan Swanö and Mikae Åkerfeldt would do some project together. Just for pure quality Death Metal.

Than might I suggest you buy Crimson...

Well, i hope things go well for you, Mr Swano...
as for Bloodbath, i cannot see how its gonna be the same kind of project without Swano..i could deal with different vocalists but the core songwriting will be missing so...
i was hoping for atleast another record...hmmm

I liked the fact, that Jonas, Dan and Anders wrote only 4 songs each. That's why NMF isn't getting boring. I think many Death metal albums are pretty boring, because every song sounds the same the whole record long.
But I hope BB will continue with good songs, nobody can predict if it will be worse without Dan, although I liked his songs the most. Let's see.