Absolutely 100% PERFECT albums...

Most albums have something that could have been better, but here's a couple:

Slayer: Reign in Blood. 29 minutes of absolutely perfect aggression. Every band starts out dreaming of being the next Slayer, and putting out their "Reign in Blood" masterpiece. Nobody ever manages it though.

Black Sabbath: Paranoid. Most Sabbath albums are fascinatingly good in their simplicity, and surprising in their unexpected diversity. Paranoid is the one where everything came together most impressively. It's eternal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evergrey's In Search of Truth is damn, damn close.

Anything by Opeth is extremely close as well--give me a couple more months to digest it before I give a definitive answer though :)

My Dying Bride- Turn Loose the Swans- the perfect doom metal album, period!

Hypocrisy- Hypocrisy- perfect production, perfect execution, just perfect.

and not metal:
Pink Floyd- Wish You Were Here.

Metallica - ...And Justice For All (well, ok, maybe being able to hear the Bass would help...)
Tool - Lateralus
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Megadeth - Peace Sells... But Whos Buying?
Korn - Korn

non-Metal:
Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
A Perfect Circle - Mer De Noms

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of The Moon
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
Camel - Mirage
Zero 7 - Simple Things
Opeth - Morningrise
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia

Sentenced - Amok
Moonsorrow - Kivenkantaja
Satyricon - Nemesis Divina
Guns n' Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Metallica - Master of Puppets

and a couple more...

Opeth - Blackwater park, MAYH
Isis - Oceanic
Novembre - Classica, Novembrine Waltz
Agalloch - THe Mantle
Andromeda - Extension of the Wish
Death - Symbolic
Emperor - IX Equilibrium, Prometheus
Spiral Architect - A Sceptic's Universe

how can people say that opeth - morningrise is the perfect album?
production is pretty shoddy, growling is way too raw and unmastered(in a bad way) and there are practically no transistions between riffs and sections...

There are records that I think are superb and has no bad songs or no mediocre songs and so on, but I don't think I've heard any album that's 100% perfect! Although "Mothership connection" by Parliament is the best album ever made IMO I still feel that somewhere out there, there's a record that's better! I have 16 records (out of 1184 records and 108 cd's) that are superb, but I don't feel that any of them are 100% perfect!

Opeth - Blackwater Park
Soilwork - Natural Born Chaos
In Flames - Whoracle
Morbid Angel - Blessed Are The Sick
Deicide - Legion
Iron Maiden - Powerslave/Seventh Son.....
Pantera - CFH
Hyposcrisy - The Fourth Dimension
Arch Enemy - Wages Of Sin (solo in Ravenous gives me chills every time I hear it)
Cannibal Corpse - Tomb Of The Mutilated

Opeth- Blackwater Park/Deliverance/Still Life
Electric Wizard - Dopethrone
Tool - Lateralus
Sigur Ros - ( )/Agaetis Byrjun
Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
Mercyful Fate - Melissa/Don't Break The Oath
Dead Can Dance - Serpent's Egg/Aion
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son/Number of the Beast/Powerslave
A Perfect Circle - Mer De Noms
Bjork - Homogenic
Rainbow - Rising
Black Sabbath - Mob Rules/Heaven and Hell
Dio - Holy Diver
Bruce Dickinson - Chemical Wedding/Accident of Birth

My Top 3:

1) Opeth - Morningrise (no need to say why)
2) In Flames - The Jester Race (pure perfection)
3) Empyrium - Songs of Moors and Misty Fields (simply beautiful)

[edit] OH MY GOD: My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun

Bathory - Blood On Ice (and don't tell me the production could've been better, the production HAD TO BE that way, it's simply part of the atmosphere.

Opeth - Morningrise
Anathema - Judgement
Blackshine - Our pain is your pleasure
Metallica - ...And Justice for all
Forlorn - The Crystal Palace
Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down

As for the production: I don't give a shit as long as it's not totally crappy (that usual fucked up black metal sound...)

Originally posted by Schism
Good call, How to Measure a Planet by The Gathering, How good is Great Ocean Road-Bliss!!!!:D

yeah, probably the best 4 songs to end an album ever, the end of marooned, and Travel not to mention the beginning are mouth watering, too good really.

which nicely brings me to the subject of free bootlegs with Great Ocean Road being one of the tracks on http://www.gathering.fr.st/ you can download this month :D

Opeth - Blackwater Park: This is not just music..... it's absolute perfection....

Tool - Lateralus: An absolute epic that opened up the doors of progressive metal for me.....

In Flames - Colony: This cd is pure energy, with endless great riffs and solos........

Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings: Dark and powerful..... and the entire cd is incredible, not overshadowed by the 16:29 Dante's Inferno....

Opeth - MAYH, BWP
In Flames - Clayman
Metallica - Master of Puppets

I can't concievably believe anyone would regard morningrise as a perfect album. It may have beautifully written songs but not unlike the way I feel about ..and justice, it sounds AWFUL. Forget jibberish about it sounding less like a produced metal album, it sounds like it was recorded with a handheld tape recorder. The guitars sound very weak and mikael sounds like he's singing in a empty hall with the mic 50 meters from his mouth.

Originally posted by diso
I can't concievably believe anyone would regard morningrise as a perfect album. It may have beautifully written songs but not unlike the way I feel about ..and justice, it sounds AWFUL. Forget jibberish about it sounding less like a produced metal album, it sounds like it was recorded with a handheld tape recorder. The guitars sound very weak and mikael sounds like he's singing in a empty hall with the mic 50 meters from his mouth.

I bring Morningrise with me as my 'test CD' when buying new stereo equipment.