Accents/voice

HARHARHARHAR Ananth. I studied Japanese for 3 years in college and now I live here. I should be better but oh well. I understand a lot more than I can coherently speak.

Translation: Hi everyone, it's Krampus. I'd like to do a short self introduction in Japanese. Please be kind. First, my name is Krampus. I am 23. My job is the ALT English teacher at Toyo High School. As for hobbies, I especially love music. As expected, my favorite kind of music is metal, yeah? After that...drinks I like are Asahi, Kirin, Sapporo, Yebisu...they're all okay. I don't really like shochu (shitty rice wine), but I think nihonshu (sake) and umeshu (plum wine) are pretty delicious. I don't have time so I'm going to finish. Thank you very much. "Shitsureiitashimasu" literally means "sorry for being rude" but it's how Japanese people end a phone call.

Ananth, that is the most peaceful cursing I have ever heard. And I totally dig the idea of a voice chat, we could always do Skype conference calls!

VVVVV you sound like a normal dude who is slightly cocky. Great job!

I would post a clip of my voice but after listening to V5 I think we sound eerily similar :erk: Must be a short-white-guy thing.

There are other programs out there for conference chat, like Ventrillo and Teamspeak.

That sounds like a good idea. It'll have many funny moments.

@ Krampus - That's because my parents were around so I couldn't go into full fury. The same reason why I couldn't do the proper "FAAAAAACK YOU" @ WAIF

I can't wait to hear that one when I get home. :lol:

btw Onder, if it's not one of your classic rants, you owe us one of those too.

Onder you are fucking awesome. You win 9000 internets.

I've been told that I've got a pretty strong Australian accent despite not being here as long as some people. I'm abit shy on the microphone unless I'm doing death/black metal vocals, but I might post something up a little bit later.

Onder you are fucking awesome. You win 9000 internets.

I've been told that I've got a pretty strong Australian accent despite not being here as long as some people. I'm abit shy on the microphone unless I'm doing death/black metal vocals, but I might post something up a little bit later.

Post your black/death vocals:kickass:

Yeah, I do sound young, ha! Lots of people have told me this.

imo you sound like you just walked off the set of some feel-good '80s adventure movie like Back to the Future or TMNT.

You should record a monologue in which you talk about how you hung out with the dudes today, got some excellent pizza and went downtown to rock some laser tag, but the arena was closed which was a total bummer. But then you got to the movies in time to catch Godzilla vs. Goroth and it was totally rad.

I am really enjoying this thread. Everyone sounds pretty much exactly how I expected, although I have heard Andy and Grant's voice before.

I'd say I have a general American accent with a touch of a Boston accent. I may have picked up some Canadianisms but I've tried to avoid that.

I'll try to post a recording soon. People always tell me on recordings/telephone that I sound depressed or uninterested so apologies in advance if that's the way I sound.

And of course I have to give a :worship: to Onder for that amazing song.

I'll try to post a recording soon. People always tell me on recordings/telephone that I sound depressed or uninterested so apologies in advance if that's the way I sound.

Yeah I think that's just a common symptom of introversion.