AcmeBargig Headcase 1.54 Retail Release

someone up there is mad!!! haha

this plugin looks interesting but i agree with a few other people in here, haven't heard anything usable yet(not saying its not a good plugin just want to hear decent results before spending money on it)

yeah I havent heard any good clips so far out of this but I'm still a little interested. YOu should hook up some members on this site with it free if they post sound clips. I'm sure there are some people here that could make it sound good.

If I could make a sugestion it's this: download the demo. It's fully functional but has a nag screen when it loads. I think it's more than worth it if you give your self some time to learn your way around the amp building portion of it.

I know there is some subjectivity to what "useable tone" is but I also believe that there's quite a few people on these forums that have a lot of experience knowing if & how a sound will fit into a mix. Having said that, I really believe that the guys that know how amp sounds fit into mixes would really enjoy crafting tones in HeadCase.

I haven't posted any audio clips here of what I've done with it for a couple reasons: One, my playing pales in comparison to most here, and two because my mixes would never do the product justice. I simply don't have the skills to mix properly.

Anyhow, I'd highly encourage you guys to try it out.

Cheers!
~scott

S1770, that was very nice. So the situation is even worse than I expected. I'm sorry to say this but maybe this line of work is not for you. 1) Every clip you post gets misunderstood by people since they just sound bad. 2) Your temper will not make you a successful business man... ever. You mentioned iZotope. I suggest you use that and match eq your material since you simply don't have an ear for it.

Im still waiting to hear an usable tone out of this amp sim (and i´ve been following it for more than a year)

I asked on another thread but i got no response...
all this "replica" heads (marshall, peavey , mesa ,etc..)
are they really emulations? do this people measure the response of the original amp(or own the original)
or are they only pretty skins for a bad ampsim?

Hey buddy, all my amps has been made with di/reamp pair of real amps, so that is not only skins!

And why it bad?

blabla...

Is there a 64 bit version of the plugin?
Maybe I'm blind but I dont see any info on the headcase site.

now before you make yourself look foolish refrain yourself from making addtional childish responses.
Same thing could be said about you, yikes.

I tried this sim a while back and wasn't impressed, much like the samples posted here it's too lifeless for my taste, sounds like a waveshaper with little dynamics to be had. But hey if it works for others then more power to ya, I really like the idea of the amp builder though and it was fun to mess around with. Would love to see others implement more tweaking features like that. The graphics are nice to look at as well I suppose.

Also I don't think S1770 works for acmebargig (JohnnyMcFly is the man behind that right?), or at least I hope for their sake he doesn't because that was a very unprofessional and poor way of addressing critique. Although Clark was being a bit blunt, I agree that S1770's mixes usually don't do the products much justice. S1770 don't take shit people say on an internet forum too seriously man.

Well, that escalated quickly.
:lol:

Guys..
No s1770 does not work for ABG at this time, we count him as one of our close friends. s1770 owns the virtual amp stash.

About the war..

I would ask that you guys please leave me out of this, my only reason for being here is to answer questions about the product or otherwise provide support if its requested.
About the demos..
Yeah we do need some more, in fact Amit and I spoke about it yesterday. Maybe over Christmas and if I'm feeling up to it, I might record some demos myself. All I have right now is really rough stuff

For the sake of it I'll leave the links here, but it would be better if I did some proper clips.. I guess for now these will have to do..
This is a heavier clip, I don't know maybe sort of borderline rock?
I used the MahaKali head for this track and it shows the hardest thing to do in the sim/virtual amp world. That is a curve that is breaking up but not completely squared, so, probably like a JCM with the gain knob full.. Something like that..It distorts but cleans up on sustained notes fast.

The solo is the same head but with the skull driver with cuts set at 480hz HP and 3200hz LP and a gain max of 13. So the idea behind those cuts is to allow everthing through with the low pass but boost everything from 480 up as well. If the additional HP was not on this would have produced a flabby big muffish type of distortion, but with the addition of the extra hp at 480 all the lows are doing is adding a little extra girth to it. As a result you can have the gain max setting lower and get more disortion, this means less hiss and noise..Hence A Gain of 13 on the pedal.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7630363/ForTT/FTCAMasterC.mp3

This is a clean track, probably not appropriate for a metal forum, but does show a jazz type tone from the Quarter head. I don't really have much to add to this because I don't remember too much of what I did..
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7630363/ForTT/EarthyGrooveMastered.mp3
This is a 80's type balad and solo. Once again probably not appropriate for UM, but it does show the Mahakali head using an internal boost. Its a little fizzy I think, but this was recorded before we had the anti-fizz filters designed and in place. Now that fizz would be non existent using them. It sort of Blurs the cut off so its not an abrupt brick wall type of thing (try it you'll see what I mean.. use the consolidated cabs that are in the demo with your favorite head.). Anyways, we also placed a anti-alias filter in the gain stage at 8000 hz on this and set the boost cuts at HP= 720 and LP=723, same as a tube screamer Actually is it LP at 720 for a TS? I dunno?

So the idea with the antialias filter was to get rid of all the junk above 8000hz even before it got to the cab. You really are not using anything in that territory anyways. HC is 4x oversampled and we were recording at 48k sample rate that means the internal sample rate is 192,000.. with that the nyquist is at 96,000hz. If the anti-alias filter is at 8k that means we can have harmonics in the order of 11 times before we alias..(of course depending on the frequency in the first place..) In other words, (I don't think I explained that right) you can have a frequency of 96,000 hz before you alias. The bonuis with the antialias filter is that you get rid of some hiss from the gain stage too.. The solo is just the Skull Job head..
Anyways, there it is.. (It could do with some eqing thats for sure..)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7630363/ForTT/SoloNoiseExample.mp3

This is a texas type of sound using the quareter head, I don't have anything to add about the amp, I believe its just a straight up quarter head for the cleans and for the dirty I moved the tonestack to the end position and aded 4 gain stages..erm maybe 2? The solo uses the same head but with the Niose drive.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7630363/ForTT/PouletAMastered.mp3

Thanks Scott for the heads up, the URL was formatted weird, they should woirk now... I do need to get some proiper clips recorded though..

JohnnyMcFly, how about the cabinet modeling? I would LOVE a guitar cab version of this software where you have adjust dimensions etc. and it would act like in the real world. Like if you type in the specs (dimensions, materials, speakers etc.) you'll get any cab you can imagine or simply create one that fits you. Does this already have one of these?

@Clark, Well, yes and no...We can create the Filter cab libraries here, and with that we can create the cabinets and the speakers. However, we have not made that public. Not because we're trying to hold anything back, its just that we have more work and testing to be done on it. (Of all the cab interfaces we spent the least time on the filter cabs. So, it needs a lil love) Luckily though, I am working on updating all the cabs now so I will look further into the Filter Cabs. I think we can get much better tone out of them than we have now, but I just need to spend some time with them..

On a side note.. I need some information, and this is the perfect forum to ask..
A lot of people here do quad tracking. If you are using VST plugs, I need to know how you guys are doing that, specifically,
-How do you route your signal or if you just run a straight up 4 copies of VST plugs per track?
-Is anyone sending left/right mono signals to a shared VST plug?

Thanks...

......On a side note.. I need some information, and this is the perfect forum to ask..
A lot of people here do quad tracking. If you are using VST plugs, I need to know how you guys are doing that, specifically,
-How do you route your signal or if you just run a straight up 4 copies of VST plugs per track?
-Is anyone sending left/right mono signals to a shared VST plug?

Thanks...

Ok, I do six tracking and even more, but my computer can't run smooth so many HC instances. So I do freezing to record multilayer guitar track.