After a week of learning to growl...

Nefilim said:
To me it sounds like you're whispering cuz you don't want your mom in the next room to hear you scream like a moron ;)

HAHAHAHA my mom walked in on me growling and she was like "WTF are you okay"

has anyone else had this happen to them

I agree with Tumn... take the criticism or don't post here. Namecalling is damn unneccessary, especially since we've already stated that it indeed does sound like you're whispering. I believe that is a result of a crappy mic combined with the fact that you don't have the right technique since you're too young. Keep at it and when you're 18-20 you should have some nice growls.

thanks a lot Nefilim, mic i done them with was shitty. mic i'm using now is a bit better. sorry about that i was in a bad mood fallen out with the girlfriend.

beerfuelledbassplayer said:
ehhh i am clearly not whispering so fuck off. if you have nothing useful to say then don't say nothing atall.. fag

Wow, that's weak. IT DOES SOUND LIKE WHISPERING, get over it...
shitty mic or not, you can simply hear when growls are not powerful.

ok heres a recent attempt at just growling and shrieking a bit i fuck up a few times but can you tell me if i'm still whispering and if i am how can i improve?
http://media.putfile.com/screamin2

This isn't whispering! WTF are you guys taking about? It's better, but you still have to "break" your voice. Actually, give it prob about a month of practice and it'll sound good. You just have to get rid of all tonality. Try realeasing more air to make your cords vibrate faster. It makes for a cleaner growl. Keep it up!

I'm 14 and I can sing any Bloodbath or Cannibal Corpse song better than you. Seriously- Peter or Mikael don't "growl": like that at all. Get a voice

well mr 14 year old you post growling that you did after two weeks and we can judge for ourselves. and i am going right now for a more chris barnes type vocals because i think he is probably the easiest to do because he is either just really low or he is doing crazy shriek things that i can do pretty well. and your 14? so your balls probably haven't dropped either lol!

well mr 14 year old you post growling that you did after two weeks and we can judge for ourselves. and i am going right now for a more chris barnes type vocals because i think he is probably the easiest to do because he is either just really low or he is doing crazy shriek things that i can do pretty well. and your 14? so your balls probably haven't dropped either lol!

I am 17, and I can sing same as Mike and Peter, Chris Barnes SFU, George Fisher from CC, David Vincent and Steve Tucker(-ex) from Morbid Angel, Chuck Schuldiner (R.I.P.), Patrick Mameli from Pestilence, Glenn Benton from Deicide, Shagrath from Dimmu Borgir, Erik Rutan from Hate Eternal, Max Camargo from Krisiun, Max Cavalera, Peter from Vader, Tom Angelripper from Sodom, John Tardy from Obituary, and I sing and play bass in my band, and only sing i friends brutal death metal band. I would gladly post my recordings but I don't have any, but if I make some I will post it.
:yell:

I am 17, and I can sing same as Mike and Peter, Chris Barnes SFU, George Fisher from CC, David Vincent and Steve Tucker(-ex) from Morbid Angel, Chuck Schuldiner (R.I.P.), Patrick Mameli from Pestilence, Glenn Benton from Deicide, Shagrath from Dimmu Borgir, Erik Rutan from Hate Eternal, Max Camargo from Krisiun, Max Cavalera, Peter from Vader, Tom Angelripper from Sodom, John Tardy from Obituary, and I sing and play bass in my band, and only sing i friends brutal death metal band. I would gladly post my recordings but I don't have any, but if I make some I will post it.
:yell:

:OMG:

You should be the new bloodbath vocalist! :lol:

If you're *that* damn good, how come you have no recordings of it? Pleaaase make one and post it, preferrably where you sing in all the styles you describe above. That would be tr00 and n3cr0. :hotjump:

Tumn said:
We should all bow before his greatness, if he says this it must be true, we don't need recordings! :worship: HAH!
haha brilliant. I'm getting better btw folks. i should have another recording soon if you want. or i could wait like a month when i should be really good lol