Aggressive Drums: The Recording Guide (FaderWear Guides)

Just bought your book.. Awesome! Cheers for the tips! Recording at Parlour Studios soon and was looking for a few more tips for the studio, this does at that and more! :)

just bought it. Thanks man! Do you plan on making another book on a different topic?

New video! I have been using hi-quality recording gear for many years and wanted to know how good sound can you get with a 149 € drum mic set and 199 € preamp/converter. I'm pretty sure this is a very common beginner scenario. Let me know what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of adding some mixing advice to my future videos. Would it be better to use only limited amount of plugins and really try to push it OR use the plugins I would normally use (lots of them)? I kinda like the idea of pushing the limits, but it has some serious cons.

Hi Daunt,

I just bought your Aggressive Drums pdf. Impressing work! Thank you very much!

My wishes for your mixing video:

First you use limited amount of plugins – explain why you do what you do with these plugins

- - then do it again with the plugins you prefer to achieve your goal,
discuss what you are listening for, explain why these tools are better choices,
and how you use them to reach your vision.

:worship: Well – 2014 is still young and bright…

Happy New Year
PlugSlut

Got a great sound out of that budget setup dude. A mixing video would be great, as PS said especially if you can explain what you're listening to when dialing things in and let us here the sounds with and without each step of processing.

This guide is excellent so far! I'm only halfway through it but I can't stop reading. I definitely needed this! I've got my drummer reading it as well(a drummer that truly cares about how the drums sound? I know it's crazy). This guide is going to be extremely valuable in the next month or so.
I would love to read more guides that are this detailed yet clear.

This guide is excellent so far! I'm only halfway through it but I can't stop reading. I definitely needed this! I've got my drummer reading it as well(a drummer that truly cares about how the drums sound? I know it's crazy). This guide is going to be extremely valuable in the next month or so.
I would love to read more guides that are this detailed yet clear.

Thank you very much! It's nice to see that people are still discovering the eBook even though it was released almost a year ago. It is so hard to get the word out there. Every share or comment helps! Thanks!