akerfeldt is a funny guy

i cant really understand the reason about having a discrimination towards someone because of their beliefs. I mean i fucking dont give a shit even if people worshipped a potato. so why would someone would dislike a community because of their beliefs? thats called the narrowmindness which is something i wouldnt expect from an opeth fan.

but if there must be an example of a community who turkey really dislikes would be the armenians and the kurdish because there's an obvious reason for that. unlike this so called "hatred" towards the jewish

Hey, so are some of you Turks here Muslim? If so...that's really cool. Turkish Muslim Opeth fans posting...awesome.

And what's your opinion(s) on the Armenian Genocide? I want to know both sides of the story from different people. Many Armenian say that it was a slaughter of the Armenian people. Many Turks say it's an exageration of the real event that went down in which both sides fought it out....

Well nobody exactly knows what the situation is. i mean theres many urban legends about us killing and torturing huge amounts of armenians but according to turks it was a result of the bad weather conditions, lack of food, epidemic diseases etc during the exile. But then again i cant really get the reason why this is so exaggerated and being brought up once in a while to blame the turkish for something experienced in the very past. there has been more violent incidents in almost every nation's history. The americans (no offence) tortured many black people with slavery, the british and the french had many colonies whom they forced to take part in the wars... etc and these are the countries who blame us for these kinda stuff. in my opinion i wish there was a written proof of this so called genocide so that we could take the blame and the consequences following. Cus in that way we could at least purge the offence and the stuff wouldnt come to this point. But now in every move that is not favored by the nato countries this shit is being cost to our teeth and we suffer an unfair judgement.

edit: and no, as aturkish i am not muslim. i actually dont believe in any religion :)

Raistlin Majere said:
turks ain't bad people

That's not true, I saw that movie Midnight Express.

Nah, it's OK. Americans have committed basically the worst genocide in recent history. Try living with THAT.

Ah, btw, did I hear 'genocide'?

Lemme tell you about the Paraguay War, that took place in the mid 1800
Population of paraguay
before: 525.000
after: 271.000 - and only 28.000 men

Do you see anyone blaming brazil or argentina today because of that? Course not, brazil and argetina are cool, they sell us meat and soy, and buy our televisions.(paraguayans hate us, but that's another story :p) And lo, we even have an economic cooperation block. How 1337.

Thing is, just because the war was carried out over english interests, no one cares.

Hypocrisy sucks.

Raistlin Majere said:
i cant really understand the reason about having a discrimination towards someone because of their beliefs. I mean i fucking dont give a shit even if people worshipped a potato. so why would someone would dislike a community because of their beliefs? thats called the narrowmindness which is something i wouldnt expect from an opeth fan.

but if there must be an example of a community who turkey really dislikes would be the armenians and the kurdish because there's an obvious reason for that. unlike this so called "hatred" towards the jewish
Worshipping a potato :lol:
But I don't see what's wrong with disliking a community because of their beliefs sometimes. I mean, how can you not dislike the KKK, for example? Those are some ignorant motherfuckers.

Raistlin Majere said:
but if there must be an example of a community who turkey really dislikes would be the armenians and the kurdish because there's an obvious reason for that.

that sounds more like a sentence said in fury. conflicts dont need to involve dislike. i cant speak for anyone else but i dont have any problems with armenians and kurds.

Jude said:
That's not true, I saw that movie Midnight Express.

Nah, it's OK. Americans have committed basically the worst genocide in recent history. Try living with THAT.
yeah? and you do believe in every single movie you watch? oh noes harry potter is not a real character, sorry if it disappointed you. dumbass.

@Don Corleone, i do. cus well they are trying to invade our country to form up their new republic inside our boundries. I dont care if people from the different nationalities lived in turkey but as long as they struggle to impose their culture and form a minority against the turkish republic i wouldnt sit still and say "nice" to those

Raistlin Majere said:
yeah? and you do believe in every single movie you watch? oh noes harry potter is not a real character, sorry if it disappointed you. dumbass.

@Don Corleone, i do. cus well they are trying to invade our country to form up their new republic inside our boundries. I dont care if people from the different nationalities lived in turkey but as long as they struggle to impose their culture and form a minority against the turkish republic i wouldnt sit still and say "nice" to those
Usually those kinds of conflicts aren't easy anyway :p look at the basque situation

Raistlin Majere said:
Dude...chill, I was obviously joking.

Although wait. That movie was a true story.

But I just remembered that now. I WAS joking. And I pointed out my own country's considerably worse misdeeds right after that to further make the point...take a chill pill.

derbeder said:
i doubt this thread is the place to discuss these issues. please let the thread die.

Woah, sorry man. This thread turned into the Turkish thread in a way, and I thought it was cool to ask a few questions here and there. Nothing wrong with a side discussion as long as it's kept civil.

Raistlin Majere said:

you completely misunderstood me :erk: and it is not a prick ,btw,yea like i said b4 am not favor of discrimination of course not about jews too i and also including kurdish and armenians

A Reason To Sing said:
Woah, sorry man. This thread turned into the Turkish thread in a way, and I thought it was cool to ask a few questions here and there. Nothing wrong with a side discussion as long as it's kept civil.

yea for sure you will be welcome :headbang:

Misseriah said:
And the funny thing is, it's actually not that funny! You guys are just awestruck by seeing your favorite band play. And possibly your secret homosexual desires for multitudes of moustache rides.

+1 alot of them arent funny, and rember he does say the same jokes every show on the tour:Smug: maby if he made them up then and there they might be better, but anyone who didnt know him, or like the band would think he was a wanker being cocky on stage. i quite enjoy the way he is on stage but is that just because he is the singer in mys fav band? if i didnt like the band would i still like the way he is...