Akesson is terrific

Arasmas

New Metal Member
Jun 15, 2007
Beijing
I never question anything Opeth does. As a fan of the band, I force myself to enjoy everything they record, even if my initial instinct tells me it's wrong. At first I thought that Akesson was not a good fit for Opeth, a very average guitarist, someone who didn't seem to understand the aesthetic of Opeth. But then I realized that I shouldn't judge any decision made my Akerfeldt & co. because what's the point in being critical? Why not just enjoy the music? I would love to meet up with Akesson over a scone and a cup of tea.

Actually, considering the worries of many a member on this very board, I think Fredrik Åkesson deserves a lot of credit for what he has contributed thus far to Opeth - and I am sure there is much more around the corner (personally I had little worry of him joining the band, and I think anyone who heard Krux would have realized he is very adaptable).

Actually, considering the worries of many a member on this very board, I think Fredrik Åkesson deserves a lot of credit for what he has contributed thus far to Opeth - and I am sure there is much more around the corner (personally I had little worry of him joining the band, and I think anyone who heard Krux would have realized he is very adaptable).

Agreed

"The Opeth fundamentalist". I don't see any problems in that philosophy, though. I mean, we're talking music, not blowing yourself up for the greater good. Now, that would would have gotten me worried.

Hmm... well, obviously even Åkerfeldt can make wrong decisions about choosing players to the band, but I think Opeth has now two different in - terms of style - guitarists whereas they used to have two quite similar players. And as Åkersson is more precise about his playing, Opeth sounds tighter than ever.

I never question anything Opeth does. As a fan of the band, I force myself to enjoy everything they record, even if my initial instinct tells me it's wrong. At first I thought that Akesson was not a good fit for Opeth, a very average guitarist, someone who didn't seem to understand the aesthetic of Opeth. But then I realized that I shouldn't judge any decision made my Akerfeldt & co. because what's the point in being critical? Why not just enjoy the music? I would love to meet up with Akesson over a scone and a cup of tea.

You're still a cunt. :)

Oh well all my hope of arasmas finally giving some credit to opeth was slowly fading away after reading first two lines of said name, and was completely shattered after reading the response of some people here.

I do think åkesson is a great addition, his energy live and his solos are great. The heir apparent solo is simply amazing