Akesson is terrific

He posted the "Akesson is bullshit" thread yesterday right?? he said he doesn't wanna hang out with him or sth like that and now look what he says !! damn ! what an hypocrite !!
btw...Akesson is just amazing ! let's wait and see what he's gonna add to the next opeth albums, and same for Axe too !!

gonna have to disagree. arasmas is a breath of fresh air on a forum full of fanboys and other such annoying imbeciles such as yourselves, especially those who don't understand that arasmas is mocking you. I'm also noticing how every single person who's calling for his banning is from mid-2008 and on, ie shitstain nobodies on this forum.

i was disappointed about the original thread being deleted :ill:
although a very "in-your-face" approach and undoubtedly meant to provocate, i would have been interested how it could have progressed.

i thought all "accusations" were wrong, but nevertheless....

to me, trolling in something else. but i sure haven't been on this board long enough....

I think personally people should stop giving Akesson shit for Porcelain Heart. Yeah it's one of Opeth's worst to most fans and he wrote the main riff, but that's all he did. Mike put everything else in the song with that riff.

I'm just surprised all you dunces figured out that this thread was a joke before the 5th page of discussion

gonna have to disagree. arasmas is a breath of fresh air on a forum full of fanboys and other such annoying imbeciles such as yourselves, especially those who don't understand that arasmas is mocking you. I'm also noticing how every single person who's calling for his banning is from mid-2008 and on, ie shitstain nobodies on this forum.

notice how i didnt agree with arasmas, but with chinese whispers. its pretty obvious that arasmas was mocking.
and does a join date really matter?
I think your just usung that to try and further yourself as some sort of "veteran"

come off that high horse mate, because we all know you love opeth as much as the rest of us.

plus whatever you say wont take away the fact that, nothing contructive comes from a trolls mouth.

trolls call attention to the boring and retarded ruts that this forum gets into when there are too many 'shitstain nobodies' making threads about opeth tattoos and the broad who sings on Coil. that's constructive iyam

I think personally people should stop giving Akesson shit for Porcelain Heart. Yeah it's one of Opeth's worst to most fans and he wrote the main riff, but that's all he did. Mike put everything else in the song with that riff.

Very true. For the most part, the individual sections are fine. It's more the arrangement of those different parts - reminds me more of Orchid (not musically, just the way the song transitions).

Is the only alternative to fanboyism being an asshole who is negative in 100% of all his posts?

that's not a very constructive comment you know. really doesn't add anything relevant to the topic. samsara please ban this guy for off-topic posting

notice how i didnt agree with arasmas, but with chinese whispers. its pretty obvious that arasmas was mocking.
and does a join date really matter?
I think your just usung that to try and further yourself as some sort of "veteran"

come off that high horse mate, because we all know you love opeth as much as the rest of us.

plus whatever you say wont take away the fact that, nothing contructive comes from a trolls mouth.

and notice how I didn't agree with arasmas either, but I disagreed with the idiotic call to ban him. learn how to read.

I dont love opeth as much as the rest of you, because unlike you, I realize that opeth isn't the best fucking band in metal, much less in the world. yes I enjoy them but I'm not a rapid fanboy like so many of you are.

example: I dont like the solo in heir apparent. cool, it's flashy and weedly wah. but it doesn't fit the music behind it. whereas, you imbeciles blindly swallow everything and anything that opeth will give you, because it has the name "opeth" on it. if mikael shit on the ground, but put the opeth logo on it, you'd be lapping it all up.

that's the kind of rampant fanboyism that turned this forum to shit, not to mention the stagnation and the lack of topics to discuss without being redundant. what the fuck happened with it being okay to challenge something opeth did, as long as a discussion could come out of it? granted, starting a thread like "akesson is terrible" probably won't get much discussion on this forum, but irregardless, why the fuck do we now have to blindly follow everything opeth does without challenging it one bit or voicing out opinion one bit?

I've been lurking on here since late 2002/early 2003, before I joined in 05, and it has never been this bad. ever. then again, with the rapid influx of morons that came with the releases of ghost reveries and then watershed...well...it's gotten worse than it could have possibly been imagined.

and again, I'm noticing a trend of people who joined in mid/late 2008, are the only ones calling for the banning of arasmas.

trolls call attention to the boring and retarded ruts that this forum gets into when there are too many 'shitstain nobodies' making threads about opeth tattoos and the broad who sings on Coil. that's constructive iyam

Trolling is to be done for the lulz exclusively. Any potential benefit is incidental and unwelcome.

and notice how I didn't agree with arasmas either, but I disagreed with the idiotic call to ban him. learn how to read.

I dont love opeth as much as the rest of you, because unlike you, I realize that opeth isn't the best fucking band in metal, much less in the world. yes I enjoy them but I'm not a rapid fanboy like so many of you are.

example: I dont like the solo in heir apparent. cool, it's flashy and weedly wah. but it doesn't fit the music behind it. whereas, you imbeciles blindly swallow everything and anything that opeth will give you, because it has the name "opeth" on it. if mikael shit on the ground, but put the opeth logo on it, you'd be lapping it all up.

that's the kind of rampant fanboyism that turned this forum to shit, not to mention the stagnation and the lack of topics to discuss without being redundant. what the fuck happened with it being okay to challenge something opeth did, as long as a discussion could come out of it? granted, starting a thread like "akesson is terrible" probably won't get much discussion on this forum, but irregardless, why the fuck do we now have to blindly follow everything opeth does without challenging it one bit or voicing out opinion one bit?

I've been lurking on here since late 2002/early 2003, before I joined in 05, and it has never been this bad. ever. then again, with the rapid influx of morons that came with the releases of ghost reveries and then watershed...well...it's gotten worse than it could have possibly been imagined.

and again, I'm noticing a trend of people who joined in mid/late 2008, are the only ones calling for the banning of arasmas.

The call to ban him is not "idiotic" imo.
Ok the Fanboyism would get a bit trying, but that doesnt give anybody the right to openly "troll" the forum.

disagree by all means but dont do it in such a fashion where it throws shit at the rest of us, who happen to think that Opeth are better than sliced bread.

You dont have to sound like a Prick to get your point across.

The call to ban him is not "idiotic" imo.
Ok the Fanboyism would get a bit trying, but that doesnt give anybody the right to openly "troll" the forum.

disagree by all means but dont do it in such a fashion where it throws shit at the rest of us, who happen to think that Opeth are better than sliced bread.

You dont have to sound like a Prick to get your point across.

But you're from december 08 so he don't gives a fuck :loco:

I think it is a bit naive to say that anyone who has joined in 2008 or later are simply rampart fanboys is as silly as the people calling for someone to be banned - the simple soultion would be to ignore there posts and eventually they will have no reason to be around here.

Plus are we forgetting music is subjective. I can appreciate if you don't like something that I may like - such as the guitar solo in 'Heir Apparent'. But to accuse me - and others - of liking it simply through fanboyism is just naive.

it's actually far more naive of you to think that anyone is naive for saying that new members are fanboys. people who have been around for a long time like nicholasdwolfwood, arasmas, and me have watched wave after wave of new members join the site, each influx coinciding with the release of an album. all they ever do is make shitty fanboy threads and comments