Albums you hate that most people like

Dark Tranquillity - The Gallery
-I don't hate it, just think it's terribly overrated.
At the Gates - The Red in the Sky Is Ours
-production just sucks.
At the Gates - With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness
-again, production and overly complex..
Down
-Never really got into any of their albums
Hypocrisy
-Just think all their albums are pretty terrible except Virus which is great

anything by WASP. I don't hate, but can't at all get into Manilla Road, and almost everyone here seems to love them. I don't like any Megadeth after RiP and I don't like their first album either (which almost everyone here seems to like).

Shipping you off to the crazy house now.

Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane

failtrain2.jpg

The production on TRITSIO is great wtf, metal doesn't need pop production

I disagree, I generally appreciate good production, and I think I'd enjoy most of the classics more without the fuzziness (a few groups like incantation aside)

Entombed - Clandestine
Autopsy - Severed Survival

I still can't get into those albums for some reason

Additions:

Darkthrone - Soulside Journey and A Blaze in the Northern Sky

The latter I'll probably never get into. SSJ I just got a few weeks ago, but the riffing reminds me of Entombed, so I probably won't get into it for a while.

Stop arguing about opinions. These threads are kind of lame because they encourage negativity/hostility. Shape up or I'm deleting posts/closing the thread. Thanks.

Darkthrone-transylvanian hunger. I like Darkthrone(mainly soulside journey,ablaze in the northern sky, and f.o.a.d. I just can't understand how someone can like this album and it's really ridiculous. I think TH is an example of trying to force something and overdue your musical intent.

Immortal-blizzard beasts.

Celtic Frost-monotheist

At The Gates-with fear I kiss the burning darkness which goes nowhere and sounds horrible. I'm a huge fan of sunlight recordings and this album just sounds beyond terrible. I also do not get how your first e.p can sound ten times better than your second fullength released later. WFIKTBD sounds bad to the point it should have been re-recorded. Slaughter of The Soul is where ATG really nailed the production and the guitars and the music actually goes somewhere. I know people think it's repetitive because the band is generally into fitting as many riffs into a song as possible.

Devourment-molesting the decapitated. I actually do hate this album and generally do not actually hate an album just not like it. I can't think of an album more poorly recorded low-fi with such horrible music. I can appreciate musicians singers regardless not liking them and this is simply not music and if you think so do not care what you think!

Six Feet Under-13 and in general. I do not even need to say much. SFU are one of the best selling death metal bands and as much as people despise them more people like them a lot more. fucking terrible

Blut Aus Nord - The Work Which Transforms God

I don't hate it per se, but I don't understand why it's so hailed.
I listened to that today and it still gives me that rare feeling of transcendence. I think you need to listen to it more under a proper setting.