Alexi Laiho, wondering about somehting....

Alexi started taking violin lessons as a child. Then he got tired of playing it and switched to guitar and yeah he got lessons too... and I think he has had piano lessons aswell but I'm not sure
Yes, sis...true. :)

but I am 100% sure that Alexi Laiho is not self taught.
I remember that somewhere in an old interview Alexi said that he self-taught a great part of the guitar technique that he knows, about guitar playing...

But well, whether it was the truth or a lie, I don't know... but I've read it, but cause I'm silly I didn't save it so I can't prove it what I read...sorry. :)

Well, despite being more of an "achievement" to some... he wasn't self taught, his dad taught him a bit and then he went to that helsinki jazz and pop conservatory thingey... so there :Smug: :lol:

Is there any self taught guitar player in the most famous bands. Guitar player who has never taken any regular lessons from teachers or any music schools?
What you think?

Is there any self taught guitar player in the most famous bands. Guitar player who has never taken any regular lessons from teachers or any music schools?
What you think?

well jani liimatainen is self taught. and look at what he's achieved (if you wanted an example of a self taught guitarist in a band, he's in Sonata Arctica).

Just because you take a few lessons here and there, doesn't mean you're not self taught. If you start out on your own and learn chords by yourself, aswell as a few scales, some basic songs, the notes on the fretboard etc and learn a bit of theory and then get a few lessons after about 3 years or whatever, you're still self taught.