Am I the only one here who loves IX Equilibrium?

I've been hearing a lot of good things about emperor and after reading this thread I decided to get the CD because it has some death metal in it instead of just black metal and since I haven't listened to black metal and have been really into death I decided to give this cd a shot maybe to bridge the gap...

anyway I'm listening to it right now and it's good. What emperor CD should I try next?

Sinister Mephisto said:
I've been hearing a lot of good things about emperor and after reading this thread I decided to get the CD because it has some death metal in it instead of just black metal and since I haven't listened to black metal and have been really into death I decided to give this cd a shot maybe to bridge the gap...

anyway I'm listening to it right now and it's good. What emperor CD should I try next?

In the Nightside Eclipse

The song Into The Infinity Of Thoughts is worth it for the album alone.

SWAT said:
In the Nightside Eclipse

The song Into The Infinity Of Thoughts is worth it for the album alone.

I usually listen to that song and then take the CD out...it was a bad track to open the album with. The rest of the album doesn't quite live up.

^You are wrong. The final four tracks are the best part of the album.

Sinister Mephisto should get Prometheus next. Jumping from IX E to ITNE is quite a difference. Prometheus isn't that far off from what I've heard of IX E.

yep...Emperor and Wrath of the Tyrant sure are the best.

Heh, at the Danzig show a few weeks ago, a bunch of my buddies and myself saw Mortiis standing at the merch desk. We kept talking about Wrath of the Tyrant and just kind of didn't go onto the subject of his new music.

Jean-Pierre said:
yep...Emperor and Wrath of the Tyrant sure are the best.

Heh, at the Danzig show a few weeks ago, a bunch of my buddies and myself saw Mortiis standing at the merch desk. We kept talking about Wrath of the Tyrant and just kind of didn't go onto the subject of his new music.

HAHA awesome

Dude, I also met Mortiis when Danzig stopped by. I got all the band to sign a poster for me. Yes. I find his new stuff to be pretty listenable actually. We discussed that their sound guy didn't have the right synth programs or something, and they could only do four songs. It kind of sucked.

What did he say about WotT?

And also, is it commonplace for a band to come out like that during the headliner? In this instance it was scheduled and apparently at many of the shows.

MasterOLightning said:
What did he say about WotT?

heh, absolutely nothing. He just sort of smiled and nodded.

In Detroit he was out there while Chimaira was playing. We all would've loved to go exercise to Chimaira and Himsa with the sweaty, back-haired skinheads and little-shit fag-haircut core kids , but we're just not hip enough. :p

i think the reason IX gets a bad rep is because its different from anthems and ITNSE. your basically comparing a good album to 2 of the most important BM albums ever. the album is solid and has some amazing composition, but most people compare the album to the classic albums.
~gR~

Emperor used to be about atmosphere and emotion. Then they decided to make IX, a blackened death/thrash album. It's ok for what it is, but with that album, they turned into another generic band.

KING DIAMOND RIPOFF VOCALS

King Diamond did not invent falsetto. As Ihsahn says he reveres Rob Halford as far as pikachu vocals go, I would imagine he is more inspired in that direction.

IX is pretty damn good. It's a little easier to digest, but that's ok. It's good for getting people into Emperor I suppose. I dig how different each album is.

Nonus Aequilibrium is my favorite track on that. Of Blindness... gets second prolly.

Sinister Mephisto said:

In The nightside Eclipse
Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk

has anyone ever notice that pic of Jaco looks like the dude from Saturday night live? LoL ... :tickled:

VomitBubble said:
King Diamond did not invent falsetto. As Ihsahn says he reveres Rob Halford as far as pikachu vocals go, I would imagine he is more inspired in that direction.

IX is pretty damn good. It's a little easier to digest, but that's ok. It's good for getting people into Emperor I suppose. I dig how different each album is.

Nonus Aequilibrium is my favorite track on that. Of Blindness... gets second prolly.
hell yeah did anyone hear the Peccatum cover of Blood Red Skies? That should be proof enough about that aspect of Ihsahn's vox

Phrozenspite said:
hell yeah did anyone hear the Peccatum cover of Blood Red Skies? That should be proof enough about that aspect of Ihsahn's vox

Fucking awesome. That's like my favourite Priest song/power ballad ever.