Am I the only one here who loves IX Equilibrium?

Edgecrusher said:
holy shit! it's Corky Romano!

LoL .. yeah that guy... the one who is Corky Romano... :tickled: ... anyways i bought IX recently... was a ok album.. nothing special... i prefer Anthems and Nightside more....

to me its anthems --> prometheus ---> in the nightside --> IX

IX is a really good album, some of my fave emperor tracks are there (curse, reason, icaros, sworn)
warriors of modern death sucks...

go for prometheus, for me its a masterpiece , and not generic at all, like some say.

the classical influences(goto love the intro to the eruption, the harpichord is damn sweet), some prog , the layered guitars, the ambience, its a classic to my hears. and thank god doesnt sound like their other records.
thats why i love emperor, every album is diferent, always evolving.
why do another anthems or itne? , both masterpieces indeed, but you have those albuns to listen already!

VomitBubble said:
King Diamond did not invent falsetto. As Ihsahn says he reveres Rob Halford as far as pikachu vocals go, I would imagine he is more inspired in that direction.
Ugh. I think his style resembles King D. more than Rob, and also since the music in general has audible Merciful Fate influences, and since the first time Ihsahn used this type of vocals was on Emperor's cover of "Gypsy" by MF, I'll continue call them King Diamond ripoff vox if it's all the same to you