Amazing Female Vocalists in Metal

Carpe Mortem

Benevolently Batshit
Aug 21, 2013
I'm one of those who usually don't like women singing clean in metal. Rock, I'm totally open and love Janis Joplin.

But I ask of you, fellow naysayers, to give these a listen and dare say they aren't an exception. And add on to the list because I'm actually still really close-minded/ignorant about this. Tend to dig rougher girl voices, can't stand that operatic shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some trad, some not-so-trad...

Oh and to counter-act all that gothy stuff in the op, some flowery clean power metal

Some trad, some not-so-trad...

-

Oh and to counter-act all that gothy stuff in the op, some flowery clean power metal

-
These were all great clean voices, the second and forth I definitely wanna look into more because the music was badass too. The third didn't have any cleans but her scream reminded me of the noise women make when they die on the sega genesis mortal kombat, so its okay :Smokedev:

The last one made me kill my brother. But thanks for the recommendations!

Also. These bitches are still sexy as fuck

-

They may be sexy but I didn't dig it.

CLEAN VOCALS, all yall. Or hijack the thread. But I think everyone's heard harsh female voices they like.

Here are a few you may like...

That first singer Hamboy posted is painfully off-tune in the intro. I don't think I can go on further, or even to the second song.

You only need Nuclear Death and Fear Of God/Detente.

Mhmhhhhm. I like Jex Thoth tbh. She's that kind of a horsy woman I guess. Natural, unshaved (I think). They have a real doomy feeling going on on that first album. Also, Christian Mistress' second album is one of the best 2012 releases tbh. Give this a chance, it's real fucking old-school. The title song is a cover but who cares, it rules.

I'm one of those who usually don't like women singing clean in metal. Rock, I'm totally open and love Janis Joplin.

But I ask of you, fellow naysayers, to give these a listen and dare say they aren't an exception. And add on to the list because I'm actually still really close-minded/ignorant about this. Tend to dig rougher girl voices, can't stand that operatic shit.

I probably can't help too much because I tend to like girly girl singers, i.e. The Gathering, Theatre of Tragedy, early Tristania, etc. You might like the Neurosis & Jarboe one-off record. Clean vocals, but very rough and gritty.

Lots of good stuff here that I need to check out.

This band (I want so say they are Czech but they might be Slovakian) has gorgeous creepy female vocals:

Hungarian all female band, I believe. They aren't necessarily metal more neofolk but some of my all-time favorite music ever

Blackie Lawless and Halford would be proud of this one!!