Amazing Female Vocalists in Metal

I like the screaming in that Crisis song, unique as hell! This is my favourite metal song with female vocals. It's too bad their subsequent albums were more hard rock than metal:

Plasmatics played metal at times, check out their album Coup d'Etat:

Also, I wouldn't say amazing vocalist, but I like this song:

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't know if metal but is good.
Wouldn't be as great without Dominique Lenore Persi.
dominique-lenore-persi-music-videos.jpg

Here are a few you may like...

-

Those were all pretty badass, but especially Royal Thunder. Gonna look more into all of them, but them... damn.

She's like a Lady Dio! Dig it

Mhmhhhhm. I like Jex Thoth tbh. She's that kind of a horsy woman I guess. Natural, unshaved (I think). They have a real doomy feeling going on on that first album. Also, Christian Mistress' second album is one of the best 2012 releases tbh. Give this a chance, it's real fucking old-school. The title song is a cover but who cares, it rules.

-

Yup hell yeah I wanna hear more of that.

I probably can't help too much because I tend to like girly girl singers, i.e. The Gathering, Theatre of Tragedy, early Tristania, etc. You might like the Neurosis & Jarboe one-off record. Clean vocals, but very rough and gritty.

-

Oh man I totally forgot about Jarboe, yeah I listen to Neurosis here and there and remember coming across her. Thanks for the reminder!

Definitely agree on Jarboe and the gals from Black Math Horseman and Royal Thunder. Opened for these cats recently and was thoroughly impressed with their vocalist:

Yeah I've actually come across them before, badass and definite respect there, even though it's not for me.

Well, some women do both.
Opera IX wasn't really for me, she had a cool voice but the music didn't jive somehow. Murkrat was bad fuckin ass though! Definitely gonna be lookin into more.

Avatarium was a little too high-pitched for me, although mad cred on them because I was reading on youtube it's members of Candlemass, Tiamat and Everygrey? Fun facts. Same deal with Madder Mortem, plus they did this riff I really disliked. Znowhite and Meanstreak were cool, something different. Metallica-esque.

Lots of good stuff here that I need to check out.

This band (I want so say they are Czech but they might be Slovakian) has gorgeous creepy female vocals:
-

Hungarian all female band, I believe. They aren't necessarily metal more neofolk but some of my all-time favorite music ever

SSGE I've actually looked into before, and the music is amazing, her voice is cool, but somehow together they're just too feminine for me. Not my thang. Same deal with The Moon and The Nightspirit. I would love to hear instrumental songs by both those bands though.

Blackie Lawless and Halford would be proud of this one!!

-

I fuckin LOVED her voice, but the music itself was a little too power-thrashy for me. Big shame dude. I'll def pass that band along to someone though, I know a few folk that would love it.

Also: Thorr's Hammer
Cool, fun juxtaposition there... def gonna pass them on, but it just wasn't perfect enough with my tastes.

EXTREMELY badass, music and vocals.

I like the screaming in that Crisis song, unique as hell! This is my favourite metal song with female vocals. It's too bad their subsequent albums were more hard rock than metal:
-

Plasmatics played metal at times, check out their album Coup d'Etat:
-

Also, I wouldn't say amazing vocalist, but I like this song:
-
Rock Goddess, kinda meh. I like how she ends her sentences, with a little gasp, but meh on the song. Plasmatics track, totally badass! I've heard of them but never gave a listen. Plus that chick looks like a badass and I'm a sucker for packaging. SotJ, respect, but no.

-
Don't know if metal but is good.
Wouldn't be as great without Dominique Lenore Persi.
dominique-lenore-persi-music-videos.jpg

It was cool, but a little bland. She does have a badass voice and badass vid but the music itself, though cool, was somehow lacking something powerful.

Yall seriously fuckin delivered with this thread. Everything I didn't like, I know someone else who will really appreciate the recommendation. And I found some shit I absolutely fell in love with myself.

Give yourself a round of applause, you legit earned it.
:kickass::headbang::cool:

I got a few friends super into 'Pretty Reckless', I know its more rock but that chick has a pretty badass voice and I've been told they have heavier shit.

A few more bands not mentioned yet:

They never released an album, but you can download all their songs for free here.

Something a bit in the vein of Détente's "Recognize No Authority":

More moderate (vocals set in at about 4:33):