American Football Thread

dorian gray said:
meh, its here in nashville. i figured being a rabid sharks fan, youd be watching it on tv somehow. ill take pictures i guess.
i'll try but i'm in portland so the only sharks games i can watch are the nationally televised ones :cry:

but they have live webcasts of the rest so i'll survive

HOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone see that hit by Ruutu? The guy got fucking FLATTENED!

I repeat: HOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEY

blue jackets are my favorite team. but it's gonna be hard to give them attention when the predators are probably one of the three best teams in the league.
predictions.....
surprise team: penguins
leading goal scorer: rick nash
regular season mvp: tomas vokoun
most penalty minutes: jody shelley
stanley cup: flyers
meh, cant think of anything else

lizard said:
that being said, this year they are easily into the playoffs.
hahaha! they suck. and that's coming from a hardcore fan. although they picked up some real defensemen so..i dunno....maybe. denis will still face 800 shots a game somehow. even with his fantastic .980 save percentage, that's 16 goals against per game. heheh

lizard said:
it's not a stretch to claim a team has a shot at the playoffs, given that 2/3rds of them do.
heh, true. well, 8 from each conference. so, it's more like 50%. (unless something changed). but, i dunno about the BJs. with the new CBA, they picked up some solid defensemen but they still lack the depth that many other teams have. i mean, who are rick nash's linemates? he doesnt have the good fortune to play with guys like wayne gretzky's mates.
i hope they make it. it'd be great.

1) What does the average Alabama Player get on his SATs?
... Drool.

(2) What do you get when you put 32 Arkansas Cheerleaders in one room?
... A full set of teeth.

(3) How do you get a South Carolina Cheerleader into your dorm room?
... Grease her hips and push.

(4) How do you get a Georgia graduate off your porch?
... Pay him for the pizza.

(5) How do you know if a Mississippi State football player has a
girlfriend?
... There is tobacco spit on both sides of his pickup

(6) How is the Kentucky Football team like a possum?
... They both play dead at home and get killed on the road.

(7) What are the longest three years of an Auburn football player's
life?
... His freshman year.

(8) How many FSU freshmen does it take to change a light bulb?
... Trick question! That's actually a sophomore course.

(9) Where was O. J. headed in that white Bronco?
... Baton Rouge. He knew that the cops would never look for a Heisman
Trophy
winner at LSU.

(10) Why did Tennessee choose orange as their team color?
....You can wear it to the game on Saturday, hunting on Sunday, and
picking up trash along Interstate 40 the rest of the week!

NAD, you're a Dolphins fan, and you're hating on MY RAIDERS?!

Ugh.

I can't wait until the Silver-n-Black pulverizes your teal-clad pansies from South Florida. :tickled:

(that'll come back to haunt me, lol)

another bad year to be a dolphins fan. ugh.

haha, i love the headlines on miamidolphins.com, the best we get are "hey fans! we ALMOST won yesterday!!!"

University of Texas is gonna kick USC's ass in the Rose Bowl. That's my prediction

college football>>>>>>>pro football

J. said:
college football>>>>>>>pro football
took the words right out of my mouth.
glad to see the SEC mockery above too. i HATE the SEC. sucks to live in the south and hear about it all the time. people are still driving around with "tennessee national champions" license plates. that was like in 1896 or something.
and, yep, texas will beat USC. they beat my buckeyes so they better damn well better win it all.

notre dame *almost* beat them a couple weeks ago. ive never been more disheartened than when that hit and resulting fumble was recalled. i almost cried. i fucking hate USC.