American Football Thread

dorian gray said:
notre dame *almost* beat them a couple weeks ago. ive never been more disheartened than when that hit and resulting fumble was recalled. i almost cried. i fucking hate USC.

ND played the game of their lives that day, and still came up short. USC is clearly the class of Div. I football and will pulverize anyone that gets in their way. :loco:

Of course they could lose to Cal today, lol. Texas' Div. II schedule is a joke, though.

J. said:
Gugs, why do you live in NYC, yet root for all Cali teams?

Vince Young will march all over USC.

I don't root for USC at all actually. I root for Miami, but I'm smart enough to realize that this USC squad is the best Div. I football team in over 25 years. Vince Young won't do shit vs. them, just like everyone else. Sure, they'll score some points, but good luck shutting USC's offense down. Isn't happening.

Fuck the Bears, GO CHIEFS! (and Panthers, to a smaller degree, and yeah, they ate big balls today...)

The Colts have scored 35 points and the 2nd quarter ain't even over. Sad, really...

fuck the colts and that jerkoff peyton manning. the bengals came pretty damn close. i just cant wait to see the colts get beat in the playoffs.

dunno. somebody. dont they play the steelers this weekend? theres a chance. steelers are almost as good as the bengals. i just fucking hate the colts and always have, growing up in ohio.
for what its worth, i think the bengals lost because of glaring errors in judgment. several of the colts passing TDs occured because of terrrrrrrible lapses in coverage and a bizarre blitz-every-play defense. i felt they won, not because of their overwhelming destructive power, but more a function of the bengals fucking up one too many times. they still won though. so it doesnt matter.

dorian gray said:
dunno. somebody. dont they play the steelers this weekend? theres a chance. steelers are almost as good as the bengals. i just fucking hate the colts and always have, growing up in ohio.
for what its worth, i think the bengals lost because of glaring errors in judgment. several of the colts passing TDs occured because of terrrrrrrible lapses in coverage and a bizarre blitz-every-play defense. i felt they won, not because of their overwhelming destructive power, but more a function of the bengals fucking up one too many times. they still won though. so it doesnt matter.

Ha, you can call it whatever you want, but the fact remains, the Colts EXECUTE offensively better than anyone in the league. You think you have an answer for Peyton & his 5 legit receiving targets? Fine, they'll just cram the Edge up your gut 35 times. Stack the line against the run? Go right ahead, leave the Colts WRs in man coverage and watch Peyton tear them apart.

I'm no Colts fan, believe me, but I do respect what they can do on both sides of the ball this year.

Yeah, they play the Steelers this weekend. In Indy. It won't even be a very close game IMO. They also have some tough games left @ Jacksonville, @ Seattle, and vs. San Diego. I'm not saying they're going undefeated, but there's not a chance in hell they don't have homefield throughout the playoffs, and I just don't see anyone going into their domed, turfed stadium and beating them. They can play any style of game.

Offensively, they are RIDICULOUS. I think their defense is very overrated though. Look what the Bengals did to them. The first half of their schedule was one of the easiest on the league, now the hard part comes for them. We'll see how they handle it.

As for the Pats, I've never seen such a crushing schedule for the first half of the season and so many injuries to key players to boot. Hopefully some of the non "out for season" injuries will heal up. The second half of the schedule isn;t that bad at all. So we'll see. I am surprised they have a winning record going into the second half of the season with all the shit happening. Fuck, Tom Brady is playing behind 2 rookies on the left side and 3 undrafted walk on's. WTF!

i hate what happened to the pats the first half of the season.

im really surprised at the bears. i thought they were supposed to suck?

i say again, fuck the colts. manning is overrated. its easy to throw 600 TDs a season when you have the receivers he does. yeah, hes great, but i dont like his attitude.