An apology

de_aztec

May 4, 2009
A few months ago, I was a fairly prolific poster on the Opeth forums. I'm sure some of you remember me, although some won't. I went by the handle 'Vuashke.'

When I first started posting, it was out of a genuine love for Opeth. Even today, whilst I don't listen to them much anymore, they will always be one of my favourite bands and they were my favourite for a very long stretch of time.

I didn't join to start trouble. I joined because i enjoyed Opeth. And, I'd like to think that my first few posts were actually of some quality, and without all the nonsense. I enjoyed my time there, even up to the date of my ban. However, after a couple of weeks of posting I began to get annoyed with the opinions of some people and how they chose to express those opinions (this is a personal trait of mine.) When i first encountered those kinds of people, i tried to argue persuasively and without any ad hominem or insults. But, unfortunately I started making horrible posts with no merit that mostly detracted from the quality of the forum. I doubt many of my posts were that informative or worthwhile to forum members. In the end, my posts turned to trash and so did my reputation.

This crap went on for a while, horrible post after post, until i was banned. I don't remember the date, or the month. But it was at least a few months ago. I knew most people didn't enjoy me being there, so when I was banned, I didn't create a new account and smurf nor did I forum lurk as some people claimed i would. I just left and, for me, the forum was out of the picture. I used to talk to one of the members via email after that, but that was the only contact i had with the Ultimate Metal Forum.

Why did I do the things I did? I can't really answer that for sure. Most likely, because I enjoyed rubbing people the wrong way, and watching them get upset and indignant. I guess it was also for attention, for a reputation (albeit a bad one), post count and probably many other things. At the time, alot of the things i said had trolling elements, but some i was half-serious about at the time. I still believe some of the good ideas and discussion i was trying to convey was lost under the arrogance of both me and some of the forum members i was debating against.

Should I have been banned? Certainly, and probably alot sooner. Do I regret posting? Yes and no. I regret saying bad things but i did like to post on the board.

I apologise to anyone that was distressed, angry, hurt or otherwise negatively impacted by my presence and posting on the forum. I'm sorry for it now, and I hope you are still here posting on the board and not put-off by my antics.

I don't expect anyone to forgive me, or maybe even care about what I've said (I was a pretty big retard), but i thought i should post this anyway. I'm not asking for salvation or redemption or anything of that sort, most likely this will be my last thread.

Feel free to post here and say whatever you want, whether it be flaming me, reminiscing on old times, indifference, questions for me etc.

It sounds like you just like attention, which is also why you made this post. Good or Bad attention, it doesn't matter now does it?

I don't understand your need to repent on an online band forum.

It sounds like you just like attention, which is also why you made this post. Good or Bad attention, it doesn't matter now does it?

I don't understand your need to repent on an online band forum.

I made this post to apologise. I felt the need to repent because I'm not proud of my previous posts. I can't erase them and I can't erase the way people feel about them, so I'm apologising for that.

Furthermore, i'm not trying to justify what I did.

I made this post to apologise. I felt the need to repent because I'm not proud of my previous posts. I can't erase them and I can't erase the way people feel about them, so I'm apologising for that.

Furthermore, i'm not trying to justify what I did.

cool it. nobody died.

Ah, more drama again. I dont think anybody is holding grudge against you..

Dont worry :)

After all this is the internet, home to shitty talk, nonsense blabbering, trolling etc.

Ah, more drama again. I dont think anybody is holding grudge against you..

Dont worry :)

After all this is the internet, home to shitty talk, nonsense blabbering, trolling etc.

de_aztec is a good map :Spam:

Yeah you should be proud instead of apologizing. ;) It's alright. Well if you ever get to listen to Opeth more frequently and are interested in what's new about them on this forum, just come here. What you did is just the past, and this thread shows that you are clearly able to be respectful on this forum.

Is it a joke or are you really Vuashke !? I want an autograph.

Is it a joke or are you really Vuashke !?

Yes, he really is Vuashke.

And to the other posters who dislike the original post or the entire thread: to me this sounds really honest and after all the trolling and spamming and the regular bullshit i've read on this forum i found this post quite refreshing. I've always had the feeling that vuashke wasn't really meaning to cause trouble. He just had (or has) some strange views that he dared to express and couldn't really cope with people who didn't understand him. I know how this feels.

So, welcome back, Vuashke! And take it easy.