Anders Nordin / Martin Lopez / Martin "axe" Axenrot?

Best Opeth drummer?

• Anders Nordin

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Martin Lopez

Votes: 124 75.6%
  • Martin "axe" Axenrot

Votes: 31 18.9%

• Total voters
I can't believe some people are still bashing Axenrot. His drum work is perfect for Opeth and I like some of his addition like the blast beat and his powerful sound is incredible. Lopez is still my idol but I'm really impressed by Axe's drum parts.

I can't believe some people are still bashing Axenrot. His drum work is perfect for Opeth and I like some of his addition like the blast beat and his powerful sound is incredible. Lopez is still my idol but I'm really impressed by Axe's drum parts.

True. His playing might be less jazzy, but he's taken lessons on classical drumming and is shure skilled enough to do the job. As we've all seen.

I think the drum work is without question a great addition to the band and nothing more need be said. It's just an evolutionary phase in the nature of the beast we know as Opeth. Always and evermore.

For me its Lopez and Anders at close 2nd. Anders had such a great feel for the songs, such presents and atmospheric quality. That was the first thing I noticed that made Orchid really come to life for me, the fantastic drum work. I dont think he can top Lopez though, that guy was out of this world. His style was so fitting. Axe is great too, but not like Lopez. Its still to be seen though, I absolutely love what Axe did with TNASW on the roundhouse recordings, that really blew me away.