Anders Nordin / Martin Lopez / Martin "axe" Axenrot?

Best Opeth drummer?

• Anders Nordin

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Martin Lopez

Votes: 124 75.6%
  • Martin "axe" Axenrot

Votes: 31 18.9%

• Total voters
From what I've heard so far, and having heard him live, I'd say Axe is an amazing addition to Opeth.. But it'll take more than one amazing performance to trump all that Lopez gave to Opeth.

From what I've heard so far, and having heard him live, I'd say Axe is an amazing addition to Opeth.. But it'll take more than one amazing performance to trump all that Lopez gave to Opeth.

Here, Here

Lopez is part of the opeth heritage, the legend, tales will be told in years to come about his rythm, skill, and general genuis! When we enter the post-apocalyptic world when all cd's and mp3's are fuckered his snare work will be heard blowing through the trees in the winter breeze, his name will be whispered in dimly lit cobble streets, hell, they might even name a burger after him at MCDonalds
Now instore- The Lopez, a fitting tribute i think:headbang:

Here, Here

Lopez is part of the opeth heritage, the legend, tales will be told in years to come about his rythm, skill, and general genuis! When we enter the post-apocalyptic world when all cd's and mp3's are fuckered his snare work will be heard blowing through the trees in the winter breeze, his name will be whispered in dimly lit cobble streets, hell, they might even name a burger after him at MCDonalds

This. Also, I really like Axe's drumming in Opeth, but ultimately Lopez was perfect for Opeth.

Lopez has made such an impact on the band that he'll remain unique forever. However, Axe's work on Watershed has been nothing short of amazing so far. I had my doubts, being a big fan of Lopez' work, and I think his drums really added a lot. Especially albums like Damnation. But Axe is one hell of a drummer, he's proven that he can do the metal stuff long ago, and from what I've heard of Watershed, he can do the proggy/jazzy stuff as well. No doubt he was the right choice for the band.

I voted for Axe. His drumming on Watershed is incredible, and I prefer the drum production (not that it really has anything to do with him). Lopez had incredible feel, but on CD I don't think he ever shone as much as Axe has on Watershed. I wish GR had the production values of WS, and wasn't so quantized...

agreed. lopez was better on studio albums i think, with the 'feel' aspect of playing. but tempo wise and just the overall solidness of playing, axe wins. he's so much more precise with fills than lopez was. lopez tended to speed through fills and pick up the tempo a lot, while axe is much more solid.

so by feel alone, lopez wins, but axe wins for being more solid

Here, Here

The McBass Burger with cheese, spicy jalapenos, and win.

AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ AXE vs. LOPEZ

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH