answersingenesis.com - Join The Fight!

Even Richard Dawkins admits that he'd believe in God given the proof. There's no way that you'd go calling him an agnostic!

If only! I want to join so badly and work my way into the inner circle just to quell my burning curiosity. Do they really believe in that Xenu stuff or is that all a front?

Sadly, the financial barrier to entry is rather a steep one.

I'm not going to claim that I'm 100% positive that there is no god because I like to base my decisions on proof and you can't prove that something doesn't exist. But since I have no reason to believe, I don't, and therefore I am an atheist.
Argh. An atheist does claim (s)he is 100% positive about the fact that there is no God. That's the essence of what atheism is about - atheism does not mean "not believing in a God", it means "believing there is no God". That may look like a small difference, but it's really quite essential.

I'm willing to overlook the facts that you are both wrong and Belgian on account of you being such a damn fine looking man :oops:
I am not proud of my Belgian-ness, but I'm definitely not wrong. But hey, at least I've got my looks :D

Even Richard Dawkins admits that he'd believe in God given the proof. There's no way that you'd go calling him an agnostic!
The man probably admitted that, knowing full well that nobody could ever give him the proof. That statement is clearly a challenge toward theists to prove him wrong, not an admittance of the possibly deficiency in his belief.

There's a Church of Scientology about a block from my apartment. I pass it every time I come and go. Even after midnight that place is still open with it's big ol' neon "OPEN" sign like you'd see hanging in a convenience store shining bright across the land. Trips me out every time I see it.

There's a Church of Scientology about a block from my apartment. I pass it every time I come and go. Even after midnight that place is still open with it's big ol' neon "OPEN" sign like you'd see hanging in a convenience store shining bright across the land. Trips me out every time I see it.
You know you want to go in there and see if they really worship stuffed L. Ron Hubbards!

It looks more like a store than a church haha. Maybe I'll take a picture of it tonight. Think they'd lynch me if they saw me doing it?

They opened one up in the middle of Pordenone and all it was used for was an outlet for selling Dianetics and handing out pamphlets. A friend of mine owned a wine bar right next to it and we'd sit there and laugh at everyone who went in.

I did a little light researching to satisfy my curiosity one time, and basically they sell you illumination. If you want to reach X in your life, you pay a fee and you basically study a mini course on achieving what it is you want to achieve. It's ingenious in its own way, really...preying on weak people just like every other religion.

I watched a documentary on Scientology, and I like the gist of it (same with most religions). But the ignorant that take everything way too literal and personal ruin it, just like all other things. From what I understand, the basics of Scientology are just about being a good person, and helping out others. Same with the Jewish, Christian, etc. But the fact that you have to study anything burns that out for me.

atheism does not mean "not believing in a God", it means "believing there is no God". That may look like a small difference, but it's really quite essential.

People intuitively apply the law of the excluded middle to their thought processes even when it isn't strictly required. The middle position is counterintuitive though perfectly valid as you have pointed out.

It looks more like a store than a church haha. Maybe I'll take a picture of it tonight. Think they'd lynch me if they saw me doing it?

A picture of a Scientology lynching would be your crowning glory, Kevin. We would speak of you in hushed tones forever.

20090601-gun.jpg

:erk: