ANTHRAX with Joey Blowadonna will be the laughing stock of OZZFEST.

i guess i'm not a diehard fan because if i think the music is no good i won't listen to it. although i am very very attached to the bush era albums and tell as many people as i can about how great anthrax is i'm not a diehard fan because i don't like joey's voice. Am i the only person who brings personal taste into my fandom?
-Jono-

Here my personal views on this topic:

Joey Belladonna is an 80´s metal singer. John Bush is an 80´s metal singer. Anthrax is an 80´s metal band.

Is Joey a particularly good singer? No. But John isn´t either.

Would the nu-metal/modern rock/whatever kids embrace the band and probably become new fans if the band played with John Bush and had a more modern sound? I doubt it. They still are partly bald guys in their forties and there are lots of bands around that play a "modern" metal sound with members who aren´t the age of their fans´ parents.

Furthermore it´s the band´s 25th anniversary and they have just released an album which was completely comprised of old songs, so they will have to play a plenty of "old hits". After finally listening to TGOTE I don´t think (and I´m not the only one) that John makes a really good impression on the old ones - I wouldn´t say that he sucked completely, but it showed his weaknesses (lack of range, problems with keeping up with the pace on the faster songs).

About me:
I prefer Joey.
Would I give an album with John Bush a chance if, for example, a friend recommended it to me? Sure.
Would I go and see them live with Joey? Sure.
Would I go and see them live with both? Sure.
Would I go and see them live with John? Probably not (I want the old tunes sung properly).

Jono said:
i guess i'm not a diehard fan because if i think the music is no good i won't listen to it. although i am very very attached to the bush era albums and tell as many people as i can about how great anthrax is i'm not a diehard fan because i don't like joey's voice. Am i the only person who brings personal taste into my fandom?
-Jono-

I do too.

TD said:
Compared to the other vocalist on the bill, there is no place for the Steve Perry of metal, with his skintight black Levis, gay ass hat with the Folded up saying "Injun," and his retarded headdress, not to mention his retarded looking stage moves and stage banter. Aside from the 10 diehards that have been waiting for him, most people are going to be going to get beer during their set. Somehow, with bands like Slipknot and Maiden on the bill, I find Belladonna a bad fit for this bill. I may go to see Maiden, but I'm going to be skipping the Anthrax set, something I never thought I'd say.

You really are a fucking wanker! You are really the only laughing stock around here dude. There are many people around here would like to see Joey do a show with the band. It is not a permanent thing so why not!!!! There must be people like me that have not had the pleasure of seeing Joey with the band during the 80's and i for one would really like to see joey doing his own songs. As far as im aware he hasnt said a word against Anthrax after he left so give the guy some fucking respect as he sand on some of the best metal albums which a lot of people enjoy. I get so fucking annoyed when thraxcunts like you start going on about this shit. peace

Joey Belladonna is fucking great! You dumbasses don't no shit! You should give belladonna the respect he Deserves! I'll take Belladonna anyday over john bush! Rather here Bush with Armored Saint. No disrespects to him. Among the living and Spreading the Disease are the best fucking anthrax albums ever!!!!!!

BelladonnaFan said:
Joey Belladonna is fucking great! You dumbasses don't no shit! You should give belladonna the respect he Deserves! I'll take Belladonna anyday over john bush! Rather here Bush with Armored Saint. No disrespects to him. Among the living and Spreading the Disease are the best fucking anthrax albums ever!!!!!!

You need to study up on your grammar. Don't be mean to the English word like this. It's a fine, fine language.

It seems to me, you don't KNOW shit.
And yes, I hear you. ;)

BelladonnaFan said:

STD and ATL were good albums, I agree with you on that, but I find Bush a helluva lot better than Belladonna. Belladonna's voice is good and all, but I think Bush's voice fits the band more.

However, if I would get a chance to see Anthrax with either just Belladonna or Bush AND Belladonna on stage, I wouldn't miss it for the world!

BelladonnaFan said:
You are a fool.

tattooedsean666 said:
fan since just before 1988 myself and I will definitely be attending my first ozzfest since the first year if I get to see Black sabbath, Iron Maiden, Anthrax, BLS amongst other acts. I just wish it wasn't so damn hot in AZ when it comes thru. :Smug:

Sean - why don't they consider moving it indoors in AZ? Like at BOB for example.

I'm not sure if I'll go I doubt it. but If any of you guys think Joey sucks than get up there and do better, lets hear them cookie cutter voices, come on bring it, I know you can - slide that cute little ass up there and let's hear it. Come on, come on big boyz - step up.

I gotta tell ya. I'm not thrilled with the reunion of the 80's lineup. I've been a fan for over 20 years now and feel that Bush fits the band perfectly. I'm reminded of various Scott emails begging to put Anthrax on an Ozzfest bill. Now since they made it, it's with the old version of the band.

If I was Bush I'd be pissed for the simple fact that he has been with the band during the real lowpoints when the band got screwed by labels, certain tours, etc. I think he deserves to share in the recognition that playing on the Ozzfest bill brings to bands. As far as former members jumping ship when they either got bored or when the shit got thick, fuck 'em.

That's just my opinion, I absolutely love the old Anthrax, they were the soundtrack to my high school years and I have seen them numerous times during the 80's, But at the same time I think Bush and Rob deserves to be on that Ozzfest stage.

I thought all the speculation and bashing was put to rest??

If I recall, nobdody complained of Joey being cheesy in the '80s back in the heyday... it's only now. I prefer Bush to Joey. I still like the the Joey albums, and if he can pull it off, I'd like to hear him sing. But at the end of the day, I want WCFYA Anthrax.

Here's a new way of looking at it, and this is for you TD: If there was a laminate waiting for you at a venue where the ATL lineup was playing, would you go?

Johnny Ace said:

That's what you get for thinkin':D

Here's a new way of looking at it, and this is for you TD: If there was a laminate waiting for you at a venue where the ATL lineup was playing, would you go?

[sarcasm] He's already got one from seeing the band at the airport whilste chatting with Bob Costas and Ru Paul. This is TD you're talkin' about! He's better than all of us..show the man some respect! [/sarcasm]

Johnny Ace said:

If I recall, nobdody complained of Joey being cheesy in the '80s back in the heyday... it's only now. I prefer Bush to Joey. I still like the the Joey albums, and if he can pull it off, I'd like to hear him sing. But at the end of the day, I want WCFYA Anthrax.

well said,its just stupid people saying joeys voice sucked,u may as well say 5 million people loved a band that had a shit vocalist,yes the music is important but if u dont like the vocals u aint gonna like the whole package.

FUCK YOU ALL.

IF YOU HATE JOEY SO MUCH WHY WERE YOU A FAN OF ANTHRAX DURING THEIR BEST YEARS WHEN HE WAS ON VOCALS?

AMONG THE LIVING IS ONE OF THE BEST METAL ALBUMS OF ALL TIME

20 YEARS FROM NOW. FUCK EVEN NOW. NOBODY WILL EVER SAY THAT ANY OF THE JOHN BUSH ERA ANTHRAX ALBUMS ARE THEIR BEST.

THE PEOPLE WANT THE CLASSIC LINE UP

ALL YOU NU ANTHRAX FANS WILL HAVE TO JUST GET OVER IT AND LET IT BE.

JUST WAIT AND SEE THE CROWD WILL BE GOING OFF AND IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE CROWD HAS EVEN LISTENED TO ANTHRAX SINCE JOHN BUSH TOOK OVER YOU ARE MISTAKEN

ANTHRAX RIGHT NOW SELLS OUT TO CLUBS NOT ARENAS LIKE THEY DID WHEN JOEY WAS IN THE BAND.