Anyone going to the Maryland Deathfest?

Yea bolt thrower were awesome...both times. Their sound is so heavy and headbang inducing :headbang: asphyx, destroyer 666, aura noir, sigh, krallice, immolation, lair of the minotaur all put on great sets. Nice meeting brandon, matt, ray, max etc. All around good time :loco:

Mayhem's set was disappointing due to the poor guitar sound and poor guitarists in general. Ashpyx fucking ruled so god damn fucking hard despite playing an abbreviated set. Closing with The Rack is still the best thing ever. God damnit.

Hail of Bullets put on a good show despite their material not being terribly interesting, in my opinion. Brutal Truth provided a great opportunity for us to head out for some good. Coming back just in time to see Immolation completely destroy as well. They may have had the best stage presence of all the bands. Atheist was great for the most part, though the guitars could have been better, and I would've liked to have heard more Unquestionable Presence and less Elements. Bolt Thrower...what the fuck. Yeah. They just flattened the entire crowd basically.

For some reason, Absu's set was oddly quiet. I was up front and was able to hold a normal conversation easily during songs, so what the fuck. But they played THE THRICE IS GREATEST TO NINNIGAL, so it's all good. I would have liked to have seen Absu with Shaftiel and Equitant, but the new line up put on a great show too. I like that they have another guy up front providing supporting vocals now. Abscess I more heard than saw because I was recuperating from getting my ass kicked and hair pulled during Absu, but they sounded excellent. Wish I had the energy to get a better view of them, but I rested up to watch AURA NOIR, who put on a surprisingly very tight set. They also really had a great stage presence, even as a three piece, and they just sounded flawless. I think the newer material comes off better live than on record too. Destroyer 666 was just Destroyer 666. Amazing set, though afterward I wished they would've played UNCHAINTHEWOLVESUNCHAINTHEWOLVESUNCHAINTHEWOLVESSETTHEMFUCKINGWILD. They may have if the venue would've let them continue to play, since nobody was coming on after them. I was able to get backstage to watch Sigh's set, and despite not being very familiar with most of their material, they really put on a tremendous show. I definitely plan on exploring their material more.

It was cool meeting a lot of people I haven't seen before, especially some I've known for years and haven't seen. Brandon was as much of a my pals as he was at Declaration of Doom, however. And Will, thanks again for letting me take a shower in your room. It was cool meeting you and this bastard above me, in addition to Jean-Pierre and his Michigan and Canadian friends and other random people. I think overall the outdoor stage worked out quite well, by the way.

Yeah, Sunday was definitely a long as hell day. I might have stepped out during Sigh's set as well if I wasn't in the back drinking water and not getting run into by sweaty faggots from behind.

I find it amusing how the B.O. got exponentially worse not only during the course of the weekend, but during the course of each individual day as well.

The brewpub was a great way to start the weekend. Unfortunately we couldn't see the future of Mayhem's lackluster performance otherwise we could have stayed for another hour. Krallice-Aura Noir-Destroyer 666-Bolt Thrower in a row was badass. The new Krallice and D666 songs sounded great. MDF better have similar quality lineups in the future. Next year's headliners should be like Gorguts, Seance, Unanimated, Unholy ect

:kickass:

DAMNIT!!!!!!!

Seriously dude, it was like, the greatest concert experience I've yet to have. God, that fucking riff... I hope somebody posts a video of it up on youtube or something.

edit: and yeah, The Brewer's Art was a cool place and a good way to start the weekend.

IMG_5889.jpg

Pretty much sums up the concert. A guy watching the show out side of the festival, and headbanging while holding onto barbed wire while watching Mayhem