Anyone going to the Maryland Deathfest?

ear-1.jpg

The fuck?!?!?

Am I hearing right in that Bolt Thrower actually played 2 sets because of pestilence not making it?

They played: 1. At First Light
2. World Eater
3. Cenotaph
4. War
5. Remembrance
6. Mercenary
7. Entrenched
8. Shreds of Sanity
9. Warmaster
10. IVth Crusade
11. No Guts, No Glory
12. In Battle There Is No Law
13. When Cannons Fade
---------------------------
14. ...For Victory
15. Killchain
16. Powder Burns

And then the next night:

Contact-Wait Out
World Eater
Cenotaph
Kill Chain
Powder Burn
Mercenary
Warmaster
In Battle
...For Victory
IVth Crusade
When Cannons Fade

If so, fucking hell...

Am I hearing right in that Bolt Thrower actually played 2 sets because of pestilence not making it?

They played: 1. At First Light
2. World Eater
3. Cenotaph
4. War
5. Remembrance
6. Mercenary
7. Entrenched
8. Shreds of Sanity
9. Warmaster
10. IVth Crusade
11. No Guts, No Glory
12. In Battle There Is No Law
13. When Cannons Fade
---------------------------
14. ...For Victory
15. Killchain
16. Powder Burns

And then the next night:

Contact-Wait Out
World Eater
Cenotaph
Kill Chain
Powder Burn
Mercenary
Warmaster
In Battle
...For Victory
IVth Crusade
When Cannons Fade

If so, fucking hell...

That is correct, 2 Bolt Thrower sets at MDF. They were the "worst kept secret in the world" as they described their surprise set on Sunday. They were telling people Saturday evening that they would be performing a short set.

Ashpyx fucking ruled so god damn fucking hard despite playing an abbreviated set. Closing with The Rack is still the best thing ever. God damnit.

I agree. They were fantastic. It would have been cool if they would have been the surprise act and got to play their full set. I was very happy with Bolt Thrower as the surprise act though.

I tried to see a little of every band while I was onsite. I enjoyed some of the grind bands more than I thought. The festival was very well run. I definitely enjoyed the festival and hope to make it back.

it was pretty much their abysmal sound. Pagan Fears(I think) and Freezing Moon sounded so terrible that it was hard to get into it. It was pretty much drums and atila, and then every once in a while a guitar came out to play.