Anyone going to the Maryland Deathfest?

Ahh, I just need a place where I can actually buy something that isn't what I can get here.

Bunch of mates heading there, you might remember some from the Primordial night last year, Swizz

I'm done with concerts for a while, Neurosis (@ Roadburn) annihilated any trace of anticipation at seeing other bands live from now on.

What? So you're not going now? What the hell. Why does the outside aspect bug you so much?

Yeah, sorry man, we just weren't interested in attending an outdoor show and after the announcement this week practically every single band we wanted to see is playing outdoors. We've had our fill over the last few years from attending several Euro fests and just weren't interested in another outdoor fest. Weather variables, better sound for indoor venues, etc. It just lost it's appeal to us after the announcement this week.

Yep... outdoor fests kind of suck. You're either too warm or too cold. If it rains, you're screwed. And Death & Black Metal in the day time sun? Pass. Sorry... I was looking forward to seeing some of the RCers.

Zod

Yep... outdoor fests kind of suck. You're either too warm or too cold. If it rains, you're screwed.

This coming from the guy who wanted to fly half way across the globe to metal camp? C'mon lads, you guys can come up with a better excuse than this. 90% of the bands are shit, Baltimore is filled with negars, the crowd is going to be a jimebend of epic magnitude, you have an appointment to have your prostate check, etcetera. Anything but the weather. :lol:

I'd love to have a couple beers before the show. What time do you plan on being there? I'll be making the trip down with dodens/matt but I'm not sure what time we'll arrive yet.

Flight arrives at 1:40 pm, be in downtown Baltimore at 2:40-3:00. So probably 4.

This coming from the guy who wanted to fly half way across the globe to metal camp? C'mon lads, you guys can come up with a better excuse than this. 90% of the bands are shit, Baltimore is filled with negars, the crowd is going to be a jimebend of epic magnitude, you have an appointment to have your prostate check, etcetera. Anything but the weather. :lol:

By the way Jerry, I'm actually kind of excited that most bands are shit at the festival. It's exhausting knowing virtually every band at HCIII will rule, then actually wanting to see the headliner (Primordial being the only band I cared about before). But the headliners are fucking ace, so showing up at 8 to catch the headliners is exactly what I want. Drink (pedialite if needed while listening to Colour Haze for sure) and fucking around for the whole day sound great.

This coming from the guy who wanted to fly half way across the globe to metal camp? C'mon lads, you guys can come up with a better excuse than this.
Ironically, the wife and I have sworn off all the big Euro fests, with two exceptions... Metal Camp & Hellfest. With Metal Camp, it has as much to do with the locale as the type of fest. With Hellfest, it has to do with wanting to see France. The weather in the east the last few weeks has been crazy; 95 one day, 40 at night, raining constantly. Aside from that, the big Euro fests are built around the outdoor venue. Deathfest is making this move for the first time, and they're doing so with nine days notice.

90% of the bands are shit...
As Brandon noted, too many great bands can be draining. However, partly your right. Shortly after locking and loading on this festival, I started to realize... I don't listen to any of these bands. The lone exception is Wolves, who are in NY the night before. That said, I figured I'd hang and maybe enjoy some bands live, who I don't typically enjoy on disc. However, the annnouncement and the promoter's attitude about this announcement made me say, fuck this.

Zod