Appreciating Death Metal

I'm guessing you read that in Zero Tolerance as they fellate Mithras continously in that mag. They are a good band just not as revolutionary as they would have you think.

It was sarcasm mate, based on ZT and the ridiculous Terrorizer reviews.

I wonder why. Anyway, Carcass' Necroticism is a good gateway album, as well as later era Death(which isn't really DM). Among others, Behemoth's Zos Kia Cultus and Hypocrisy's Abducted got me interested in exploring death metal, so give them a try.

IF you can find a copy of Dead Horse's "Peaceful Death And Pretty Flowers", do so. It is THE album that got me into death metal 18 years ago, and I suggest it to anyone who hasn't heard it/of it.

I can't help but notice that TIACN hasn't posted in this thread again.

Well it's just because I wouldn't have much else to say other than "Ok I'll check that out". I'm enjoying the Ribspreader a lot more than I was, actually, and I think I'm starting to really appreciate the aesthetic past the heaviness.

I'm still reading this thread, though it'll probably be a little while before I start checking this stuff out. There's a whole mess of essential doom stuff I've needed to get for a little while, and I'd like to take care of that before I start with the DM.

edit: Also I think the growls are way cool. I used to hate them, and that was a huge factor in keeping my away from extreme metal for a while.